Best Online Piano Lessons for 2020 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Listening to soothing piano music can be relaxing. Nevertheless, if you wish to learn the piano, you will need an expert to guide you. However, considering the current situation with the ongoing pandemic going to classes regularly can be challenging. So, online piano lessons have undoubtedly come to the rescue, as you can learn to play in the comfort of your home while being flexible with time.
Not just for new learners, the online piano lessons are also for intermediate level players, who are looking to upgrade their skills. From kids to professional players, online piano lessons provide an all-around learning experience through their experts and well-structured lesson plans. Such tutoring ensures that you learn and sharpen your skills thoroughly for excellent playing. Plus, these classes won’t cost you much.
Best Online Guitar Lessons Comparison Table
|1. Piano For All
|2. Rocket Piano
|3. Piano Encyclopedia- The Logic Behind Music
|4. Learn Piano in 30 Days
|5. Playground Sessions
So, what are the best online piano lessons? Well, you’ll find several types of online piano lessons on the internet, including apps and websites. Some of these lessons even include one-on-one interactions with well-experienced experts, app rewards like additional songs, tokens, and many more things.
However, you need to understand which online lesson will suit you the best and then make a choice. And to bring more clarity on this, we have compiled the 5 best online piano lessons for you.
Read Related Topic: Best Upright Piano
Let’s take a look at these 5 best online piano lessons:
Our Best Online Piano Lessons Reviews and Comparisons
A Deep Dive into the Piano For All
As Mr. Hall believes, Piano For All demystifies the art of playing the piano, so that anyone can play it. Often playing the piano was perceived to be quite tough but with a logically structured course, the learner gets the right instructions, acquiring the piano playing skills is quite easy.
Whether you’re a completely new learner or just a beginner who knows certain basics of piano, Piano For All is undoubtedly the perfect course for you. As mentioned, the piano course is the creative vision of Mr. Robin Hall that thoroughly covers every aspect of piano learning. The course begins with a full orientation by Hall about the entire program, the methodology, and even the structure with a visual representation. This ensures a better understanding of the pedagogical process of online lessons.
Apart from these, Piano For All offers 200 video lessons and 500 audio lessons, the course is divided up into 10 sections. This indicates that you’ll have an abundance of learning resources. You can go back to a previous section to review even after the completion of that particular part. Moreover, as per some testimonials, Piano For All is known to improve the piano playing skills and just needs a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes of daily practice.
Well, you must be wondering that the course is surely going to be hefty on your wallet. But factually it isn’t. Piano For All offers exciting discounts making the course quite affordable. Many learners after purchasing an expensive piano are not willing to invest in a high-end priced instructor or classes. Piano For All courses are offered at a reasonable one-time fee and you get a 60 days 100% money-back guarantee.
Additionally, Piano For All has an affiliate program for its learners. This program offers up to 60% sales commission to its users. So, on becoming an affiliate, you actually earn quite a good amount- approximately $21 on Piano For All download version and $27 on Piano For All download cum DVD ROM. Also, the refund rate is just 4% on average, which secures your commission.
So considering the price, course design, and resources, Piano For All is definitely the ingenious way to learn keyboard and piano.
Who is it For?
Piano For All is specifically designed for beginners yet the style of teaching is quite different from a traditional approach of piano training. So if the learner has some basic knowledge of playing the piano, the course will help to enhance the skills and improvise when playing.
Also, the course would be perfect for those who wish to learn to play Jazz, Blues, and Rock-n-Roll styles of music.
What We Like About Piano For All
The best feature of Piano For All is its well-structured course design. The resources are planned and written in an organized manner, which makes it easier for beginners to grasp every element of playing the piano. Another credible aspect of Piano For All is that the master tutor is open to queries and extra tips for his online students. Being quite responsive, he is always available for his students to guide them on ‘how one can do better’.
Further, Piano For All ensures that whether you’ve access to the internet or not, your learning shouldn’t stop. So, it has an offline feature for uninterrupted learning and when you get the complete package, you can download it and view it at your convenience. It’s definitely one of the best online piano lessons on the internet.
What We Don’t Like About Piano For All
Even though Piano For All is an absolutely beginner-friendly course, some users have reported this service can use some improvement, including a more detailed explanation about tunes as well as the inclusion of more recent music.
For some learners, playing tunes can be difficult and an in-depth explanation is required, which needs to be incorporated in the course videos. Besides this, the lesson includes some popular tunes but not more current ones. Including current popular tunes will add versatility in one’s playing.
Even though Piano For All has got some really good reviews, yet some users have suggested that the course can use better visuals. Attractive visuals are known to hold the learners’ attention and draw their interest in the course.
- Builds a musical base
- Compatible with several devices like mobile phones, computers, and laptops
- One-time payment
- Well-structured and logical course design
- Videos and audios available for better learning
- Offline access to provide uninterrupted learning
- Uses well-known songs for practice
- Less focus on tune details
- Doesn’t highlight techniques like hand position, body posture, finger and wrist movements
- The option of improvisation is left on the user
- The aesthetics of the course needs improvement
- Lacks some important piano symbols and terms
With the purchase of Piano For All, every user gets the learning material, videos, and audios, which covers the entire curriculum. The learning material includes 9 e-books and 1 bonus book. Each of these books provides a comprehensive overview of the wide range of musical styles especially piano. Theoretically based, these books cover everything from chords to tunes and even include exercises on every intricate aspect of playing piano as well as keyboards.
Apart from the books, the package also includes approximately 200 video lessons and 500 audio tunes and exercises. Although the video lessons are based on everything described in the 9 books, it’s the visual demonstration of the keyboard and piano skills that make the difference in the learning process.
These videos are thoroughly explained by Mr. Hall in the simplest way for students to grasp the skills easily. While the video shows Mr.Hall playing a lesson, the specific notes are displayed on the top for the student to identify the different notes being played.
Besides these, the audios tunes are placed next to the exercises for the benefit of the student. That is, each exercise shows how the tune should be played. This specific design helps the learners to grasp the actual tune before they attempt to play it on their own.
Overview of Features
Since 2006, Piano For All has been the most reviewed and popular online piano lessons with over 300,000 students across the world. As mentioned earlier, the course is designed in a comprehensive way, which allows you to listen and play the piano alongside reading the notes.
Further, the course is divided into 10 sections, each focusing on different aspects of piano learning. And by the time, you complete all sections, you’ll be able to play any song in any style. Sections 1-4 are specifically designed to lay the foundation of the skill.
Sections 5-10 further builds on that foundation. As Mr. Hall explains, a strong foundation helps in building better knowledge of chords, rhythms, and just simple harmony. This strong knowledge will even help you play the professional level piano.
Another point to note is that the sections are divided into an e-book, which takes the learner step-by-step through the course. Starting with the basics, the sections also focuses on teaching new concepts and provides ample tips to make the learner ready for playing any kind of Jazz or Blues music on the piano.
The books included:
- Part-Time and Rhythm Piano (Book 1): Focused on party rhythms, ballad music, visual representation of keyboard and tips and tricks, Section 1 of Piano For All ensure proper playing skills. Moreover, it includes 10 party rhythms for the learner to listen to and learn.
- Blues and Rock n Roll (Book 2): On completion of Book 1, you’ll have some basic ideas on rhythms and notes. So, the second e-book teaches the rhythms of classical Blues and Rock n Roll music. Not just tips about notes and tunes, with the help of audio based on Book 2, you can learn to play some of the popular tunes by an incredible pianist like Jerry Lewis and Fats Domino.
- Chords Magic (Book 3): Since chords are crucial for the formation of melodies, Book 3 has its primary focus on chords only.
- Advanced Chords Made Easy (Book 4): While Book 3 covers the basics of chords, this Book 4 takes the learner a step up on learning advanced level chords using some amazing concepts.
- Ballad Style (Book 5): Once you’ve built a strong grasp over chords, you can use them form ballad music over a piano. And this Book 5 is primarily about creating melodies of ballad style.
- Jazz Piano Made Easy (Book 6): Piano music without Jazz seems incomplete. So, to teach piano enthusiasts all about Jazz, Book 6 sheds light on the basics of Jazz music.
- Advanced Blues (Book 7): With Book 2, the learner already has some basic knowledge about the rhythms and tones of Blues music. So, this book will speed up the learning to an advanced level for Blues with new tones. Also, the learner can improvise on the previous knowledge using this Book 7.
- Taming the Classics (Book 8): Playing the piano without the knowledge of Classical tones can be a bit challenging. So, Book 8 helps the piano learners to understand the classical tones and tips to master them.
- Speed Learning (Book 9): With this book, the learners can enhance the tricks and tips of playing piano and ways to grasp the concept faster.
Piano For All courses gives you pro-tips for building an incredible pianist.
Under the excellent guidance of Mr. Robin Hall, Piano For All is a perfect course for amateur pianists and upcoming piano enthusiasts. Several positive views about this course definitely indicate that Piano For All program is quite effective in teaching piano online. So, you can surely go for this affordable online piano lesson and learn to play in the best way.
2. Rocket Piano
A Deep Dive into the
A beginner pianist would often search for an effective lesson program that begins with a basic explanation about notes and rhythms. For this, the perfect option is Rocket Piano. It brings to you a solid program that covers everything that a beginner would like to know.
Conceptualized and created by Ruth Searle along with a group of enthusiastic pianists, Rocket Piano has been teaching and guiding amateur pianists over quite a long time. The collective experience of the team of pianists is approximately 30 years. Ruth Searle has almost 15 years of experience as an exceptional pianist. An extremely dedicated pianist, Searle specializes in Classical, Pop, Blues, Jazz, Rock-n-Roll, and even Gospel. Following her vision of providing affordable online piano lessons, she designed Rocket Piano.
Most importantly, Rocket Piano focuses on the traditional method of teaching piano. When comparing Rocket Piano’s methodology with private classes this instructional provide except it also covers theory, sight-reading, and scales. This program has a wide range of information that a beginner should know when it comes to playing the piano and in different media formats.
Whether you’re a beginner, who wants to learn fast or a novice pianist who wants to learn to grasp techniques with keys, Rocket Piano will definitely suit your requirements. Plus, it is a super affordable program, unlike the private piano tutor.
Although Rocket Piano’s method is traditional, yet it provides you with updated techniques and newer lesson materials. Its pedagogy follows step-by-step theoretical matter, video, and audio lessons. So if you’re concerned about whether the course will begin directly with playing, without covering the basics of tones and notes, it will not. Each step at a time!
Not only will you be well-versed in theoretical knowledge but also with practical techniques by the end of this course. Besides, you’ll be imparted facts about the background and history of the piano. And with sort of intensive knowledge about the piano, you can truly be quite a professional pianist.
Who is it For?
As mentioned above, Rocket Piano is exclusively designed for beginners who are completely new to the course, which contains structured lesson plans. However, the enthusiastic pianist, who already knows about the basics will also learn a lot through this course. The techniques, chords, notation, and lessons on Gospel and Jazz are covered under the program. This makes it quite ideal for beginners and novice pianists in learning professional-like piano.
What We Like About Rocket Piano
The entire course is specifically designed to increase and upgrade your skills via elaborate knowledge of musicality. But the standout aspect of Rocket Piano is its bonus program, which highly benefits the learners with some extra knowledge about playing the piano. The program includes Perfect Pitch Pro, a game that helps to develop an ear for good music and the Jayde Musica Pro is to help the learner memorize the keys of the piano.
Further, the Chordinator is used to guide the learner on reading the piano chords. Apart from these, the program also includes a metronome, and Rocket Pianos SongPond, absolutely free for one month.
Each of these additional programs included in the Rocket Piano course will help you to enhance your playability and play performance.
Lastly, Rocket Piano isn’t really an expensive course, quite affordable for you to own the complete package. Plus, it is downloadable, so you get instant access.
What We Don’t Like About Rocket Piano
Despite great results from students from Rocket Piano, there are still loopholes that need improvement. One of the shortcomings is with the instructor. Ruth, being the only instructor, the learners don’t have access to varied experiences and tips from other learned instructors. Moreover, Rocket Piano follows the traditional approach that needs more wide knowledge for teaching the lessons.
Apart from this, Rocket Piano doesn’t have much focus on the concept of “play by ear” and also lacks proper interactions with the instructor. These changes will surely make Rocket Piano one of the best online tutorials on the internet.
- Well-structured course
- A step-by-step process of learning
- Provides e-mail support to learners
- Quite affordable with 60 days money-back guarantee
- Provides different forms of media including e-books, videos, and audios
- Teaches a wide range of piano styles like Jazz, Blues, Rock n Roll, and Gospel
- Includes practice exercises and bonus programs like Chordinator and many more
- Needs more experienced instructors for varied knowledge
- Lacks focus on ‘play by ear’ technique
- Requires more interactions with instructors
- Doesn’t have any community forum
- No additional content shared to members of the program
Rocket Piano Program package includes the following:
- Beginner’s Book- One book that covers everything about piano from its invention and history. It even includes proper finger technique and basics on rhythm and melody.
- Intermediate Book- It’s a little more advanced covering key and time signatures, complicated chords and rhythms, thorough reading of music, and focus on performance.
- Advanced Book- This book teaches about songwriting, transposing music, advanced chord with key relationships, and innovative sight-reading.
- Jazz Book- Starting from history and basic features of Jazz music to deconstructing jazz songs, this book covers everything about learning the Jazz genre on piano.
- Gospel and Hymns Book- This program also covers spiritual music, Blues, and Pentatonic scales.
- The program includes a special section of Jam Tracks and quizzes.
- Additional material includes 133 audio files, 57 videos, and 3 learning games.
- Bonuses from Rocket Piano are apps like Metronome, Chordinator, Perfect Your Pitch and Jayde Music Pro.
Overview of Features
Rocket Piano with its experienced team provides an amazing and comprehensive curriculum for its learners. However, its notable features are:
- Course design and materials- Since Rocket Piano teaches piano on all levels, the course is categorized into beginner, intermediate, and advanced with books, visual demonstration, and audio files for practice. Not just about chords and techniques, the course also teaches music genres popular of the piano- Jazz, Blues, Rock n Roll, and spiritual music. Also, for all-round knowledge on piano, Rocket Piano provides bonus materials for practice and apps to improve the techniques and playing skills.
- Further, the course provides books for a detailed explanation about the chords and notations. It even teaches about the history of the piano so that the learner has complete knowledge.
- Pricing: Unlike the expensive piano tutors and classes, Rocket Piano Is extremely affordable with several benefits and available for instant download. On purchasing the package online, you get it without any shipping charges or additional charges.
- Membership Benefits: Rocket Piano even offers an affiliate program to its learners and provides an opportunity to earn as well. It pays up to 75% commission on the download version, while 25% commission on the hard copy version. Undoubtedly, it is one of the highest converting and paying affiliates program for online piano lessons.
Rocket Piano is more than just piano playing lessons; rather it is a program on understanding the theories of music. With this course, you can almost play the piano quite professionally, which is credited to its updated techniques and traditional approach to teaching. Overall, Rocket Piano is a legit and reliable online piano course available at a pocket-friendly price.
A Deep Dive into the Piano Encyclopedia- The Logic Behind Music
If you’re looking for a unique piano learning experience, then the ideal place for you is Piano Encyclopedia and the lesson is The Logic Behind Music. The Logic Behind Music under Piano Encyclopedia is a digital home-study course that tends to train all skill levels- beginners, intermediate and advanced.
Regarded by Forbes as one of the most interactive courses, with the vision of revolutionizing the way people learn piano. Acknowledged by thousands of piano learners from over 75 countries, this lesson teaches one to play the piano and even allows a learner to create their music by deciphering the secrets of music. What makes the lesson unique is its revolutionary method of teaching, which focuses more on logic and understanding rather than rules and memorizing the notes. So, the program bases its course on step-wise interactive lessons starting from beginners’ to advanced levels.
Developed by thousands of inspired musicians and pianists worldwide along with engineers, graphic designers, and editors, Piano Encyclopedia’s The Logic Behind Music came into place. Started with just one mission to change the way people learn piano, the lesson has the motive to prove that music can be created by anyone, who understands it and no just by someone who is a gifted musician. So, the complete program ensures that by the end of the course learners can create their music and not just interpret it by playing. It is definitely more than a traditional approach to learning the piano.
Besides, this comprehensive course includes a piano lessons e-book of 111 pages, which you can access at your convenience. You can download it as well as view it online. The course guides you to play piano in a step-by-step process and even includes a virtual piano for a better understanding of the students. On the whole, the lesson is a complete package that encompasses detailed training for a beginner to an advanced level pianist and is worth considering.
Who is it For?
Learning a piano requires commitment towards acquiring the skills. However, if you’re too busy to devote much time and also have budget constraints, then online piano lessons would be the ideal pick for you. And what could be better than Piano Encyclopedia’s The Logic Behind Music, which particularly designed for such learners?
This lesson caters to the piano enthusiast of all levels: amateurs, novice, and pro players. Since it offers free lessons as well as premium lessons, any student can join the program under Piano Encyclopedia. Both the free and premium lessons are further categorized into different levels for students to enroll according to their prior knowledge of playing the piano.
Piano Encyclopedia’s The Logic Behind Music ensures that their course has room for every learning pianist.
What We Like About Piano Encyclopedia- The Logic Behind Music
One notable aspect of this lesson is the easy access to its course materials. So, once you enroll in any of the courses via their website, all the resources are available for you. Apart from this, another significant point of this program is the 24*7 online supports from the instructors.
Since one of the major issues with online courses is the lack of reliable and consistent support for the learner. However, Piano Encyclopedia has a proper solution to this issue, as their team is available throughout the course duration to answer the queries and provide tips to the learning pianists.
Another added advantage of the lesson is its affiliate program. On joining this program, you can earn quite a hefty amount on sale. So, not only will you learn but also earn for promoting them.
What We Don’t Like About Piano Encyclopedia- The Logic Behind Music
Although the lesson encircles learners of all levels yet it is designed to focus more on logic rather than basics details of chords, rhythms, and notes. And without the foundational knowledge about notation, complete beginners face challenges in understanding the concepts of tones and melodies in learning piano.
Moreover, it doesn’t cater to the requirements of younger children because of the lack of detailed guidance on the notes and rhythms, rather it’s designed for more serious and adult learners. However, it can benefit the younger kids with only additional knowledge and techniques of the piano.
Another shortcoming of this course is on the free lessons’ section. Several testimonials have reported that many major learning pointers are not included under the free lessons such as music tools and interactive sessions with the instructor. So, this can be a deal-breaker for this online program.
- Offers learning games for improving skills
- Provides 1000+ videos of world-recognized pianists
- Offers Community Feature, a common forum for members to share ideas and tips
- Has specially designed training suites to train leaner to “play by ear”
- Enhances the skill to read music
- Includes 3000+ animations to elucidate core concepts and keyboard techniques
- Comprehensive e-book
- 24*7 online support
- Offers 60 days test drive
- Affordable lessons
- Free lessons don’t include music tools and interactive sessions
- Lesson not suited for extremely younger children
- Doesn’t allow to access the video lessons; charges a fee to allow trial
- Individual lessons accessible only on purchase of the package
The Logic Behind Music, an online piano lesson under Piano Encyclopedia includes the following:
- Course Materials- As mentioned before, this is a comprehensive lesson, so it includes a 111 pages piano guide e-book. This e-book follows a step-by-step process of teaching piano that covers from beginner’s level to an advanced one. It even includes a virtual keyboard to ensure that the learner can grasp the techniques of the piano keys.
- Training Suites- With this lesson, an elaborate training suite is also included which trains learners to ‘play by ear’. Alongside, it also teaches sight-reading music and enhances understanding of notes, chords, and rhythms. Moreover, to bring clarity in understanding the core concepts, the lesson has more than 3000 animations.
Overview of Features
The lessons from Piano Encyclopedia focus on different aspects of piano teaching. It concentrates on unveiling the secrets of music, and then based on logic it teaches piano. Further, it caters to all levels of players and for this reason, the developer of the lesson uses technology to make the course interesting and easier to understand. So, you’ll come across more than 3000 creative and interesting graphics to make sure learning is fun and enjoyable as well.
Being an online lesson, a virtual keyboard is incorporated in the course and this helps in learning the piano even if you don’t own one. This virtual keyboard helps you to learn the notes, tunes, and chords even on a computer keyboard and mouse. Another emphasis of this lesson is following training suites which help to understand the music and create one using the computer keyboard.
The Community Features create a platform via blogs, videos, and audios for students and instructors to share techniques and relevant information on how to play the piano. Overall, The Logic Behind Music lesson is one of the highly informative courses developed for eager pianists.
Piano Encyclopedia’s The Logic Behind Music is undoubtedly the ideal course for a learner, who wants to acquire the piano skills interestingly and enjoyably. Considering the cost of the lesson, it is surely worth considering if you want to learn and compose your music.
A Deep Dive into the Learn Piano in 30 Days
Just as the name says, the online course is designed in such a precise way that it can impart the basics of playing piano in a month. If you’re skeptical about the short timeline of the course, then be assured that Learn Piano’s lessons are the map to ace the piano like a pro.
Developed with a plan to teach every little ground details like notes, chords, fingering, and even harmonies and melodies, Learn Piano in 30 Days is an ideal course for new learners. Whether you’re a kid who is starting to learn the instrument or an adult who is fulfilling their long wish to learn, this course surpasses any age barrier to ensure you learn at your own pace. Moreover, whether you learn a piano or an electric keyboard, the course is surely going to help you.
Well, as we delve more into this course, it is quite clear that it offers a logical and scientifically proven approach to online piano learning. Plus, the lessons are created based on the model of Lateral Associative Learning, which is applied to videos integrated into the course. According to this model, the techniques taught are the same as the highly professional programs on teaching new languages.
In addition to all these, ‘Learn Piano in 30 Days’ is also worth giving a shot because of its lesson plan and affordability.
Who is it For?
Since it is 30 days lesson program, it only covers the basics of playing the instrument. Hence, beginners or young children will benefit more from this. Nevertheless, if you have a little bit of knowledge and wish to enhance more on it, Learn Piano in 30 Days is effective.
You can start with the lessons with no experience at all and on completion become the pianist you want to be. With some exceptional features, this program can help you play the piano like a pro.
What We Like About Learn Piano in 30 Days
As an online course, Learn Piano in 30 Days, has several learner-friendly features, which ensures the best results. However, some of the exceptional features are the quizzes on piano, games, and music sheets by world-recognized pianists and popular bands.
While the quizzes and games offer a fun and exciting touch to your revision, the music sheets open to you the world of best piano records, which helps you understand and learn the musical notations. Besides, this course also allows you to record and edit your tracks and enhance your playability skills. Also, the course provides an open forum for all learners to discuss music and other resources.
These help the learners to broaden their knowledge and skills.
What We Don’t Like About Learn Piano in 30 Days
Despite some incredible features, Learn Piano in 30 Days has a few downsides, which can be a deal-breaker for some learners. One being the lack of proper foundational training, it might make the course a bit challenging for an extremely new learner or kids. As the lessons are directly based on specific songs, the basic knowledge about notes and chords is missing. This can affect the understanding of the lesson and playing piano overall.
Another pitfall observed with this course is that every time you want to multitask, the program redirects to a new window. So, if you want to access a part of the program, then the specific part will open in a different window. This can create a bit of havoc for the learner, as they have to juggle between different windows.
- Well-structured and step-wise teaching
- Techniques on the use of fingers, notes, piano chords included
- Allows recording and editing of self-created music
- Offers music sheets of popular pianists for guidance
- Review using games and quizzes
- 14 days of a free trial
- Provides software and tools
- Open forum for all students
- 50% sales commission with Affiliate Program
- Lack of foundational training
- No scope for multitasking; redirects to a new window for different parts of a program
This online course includes several online tools, which help your piano practice efficiently and even reinforces your key piano skills. Some of these tools are:
- Music tools to record and edit self-created tracks
- Audio and video files
- Quiz and games for revision
- Software to play piano on computer
- Piano and Music Theory flashcards
- Tools to visualize the piano
Overview of Features
As already mentioned, the piano lesson has an array of features, which ensures to yield the best results. In 30 days duration, the learner is provided with tools, resources, and essential techniques and tips. And these fall under the significant features of Learn Piano in 30 Days. Includes the following features:
- Software, Tools, and Resources: Without any proper resources and tools, online lessons aren’t possible and also of no worth. Although most of these courses provide tools and material, only a few are effective. However, users access software and tools to edit and record self-composed tracks. Also, it has integrated many quizzes, games, and flashcards for better learning.
- Categorized Training Genre: This lesson isn’t restricted to one specific type of music. Rather, it trains learners in different genres such as Jazz, Blues, Rock, Classical, and even Gospel music.
- Piano Forums: The best aspect of this lesson is the community forum created for the learners to share their music and learning experiences; all related to piano playing.
Well, for a beginner who is yearning to play piano and needs to learn online lessons fast, then ‘Learn Piano in 30 Days’ is quite an ideal one and affordable too.
A Deep Dive into the Playground Sessions
Playground Sessions is currently one of the most popular online piano lessons and the most valued program it offers is the Bootcamp Package. This package plan is further categorized into different lessons based on genres and learner’s level.
Created by a group of passionate musicians, who incorporated technology to help piano enthusiasts learn and enjoy playing it. With a mission to make the learning process fun and easy for everyone, the creator’s team designed a dynamic lesson program to teach piano.
Besides, the Bootcamp Package under Playground Sessions picks different melodies and rhythms of familiar songs to depict the musical principles. Developed by the musical expert Quincy Jones, this lesson includes several features such as video tutorials, a step-by-step teaching plan, and theoretical knowledge.
Who is it For?
As the Bootcamp Package is categorized into beginner, intermediate and advanced level lessons and this caters to learners of every level. However, as per the Playground Sessions suggestion, this program is ideally suitable for learners above the age group of seven years. Also, the lessons are designed in a simple way for kids to follow and understand the concepts and techniques. And learn to play the piano in the best way.
However, it isn’t suitable for too young children, as the foundational teaching isn’t much strong. Hence the kids would require extra materials for understanding every basic concept and theory, So, if the piano interests you and you want to learn how to play it, then this program is ideal for you.
What We Like About Playground Sessions
Playground Sessions’ package has few standout features, which makes this program worth subscribing to. And the first being the membership plans that you can choose as per time and budget. Besides, the program is categorized as Rookie, Intermediate and Advanced Tours, and Courses. This categorization helps the learner to choose their level and the beginners have step-wise learning.
Apart from these, the Bootcamp Package also has a progress visualization option and games. For any learner, keeping a track of their progress is important, so this program has a special section that shows the individual progress of the learner. It even includes games to help users excitingly practice piano. Overall, such exceptional features are even available at an extremely inexpensive price that makes it quite valuable.
What We Don’t Like About Playground Sessions
Even though the package is quite helpful and innovative, the drawbacks are a lack of theory-based teaching. Without covering basics on notes and rhythms, the course appears surface level. Also, the basic theoretical courses come after half of the Rookie lesson is complete. This can create confusion. Other downsides in this program are too few visual aids and video lessons, which doesn’t help younger children. Also, it doesn’t comply with acoustic piano and lacks emphasis on musical expressions, which affects the playability.
- Uses popular songs
- Includes games and shows progress
- Customization of songs
- Includes backing up tracks
- Categorized lessons
- Offer affiliate program
- Fewer video lessons
- Lacks visual resources
- Doesn’t focus on musical expression
- Minimum focus on techniques and theory
- Lacks music sheet
- Not suitable for acoustic piano
The Program is built on different membership plans each dedicating its package content. The monthly and annual membership includes a $350 value package of video tutorials, interactive lessons, three levels (Rookie, Intermediate, and Advanced), 5 free songs, and free classical songs with a bonus. Only in the lifetime membership, 40 free songs are additional alongside other resources. Also, the package includes games, the material on keyboard skills, and ways to read music.
Overview of Features
As we delve more into the Playground Sessions’ piano lesson, it is clear that there are several exciting features. And the features are:
- Video Lessons- Teaching how to play an instrument especially the piano requires visual demonstration. So, the Bootcamp Package includes several video lessons, wherein main concepts are introduced and proceeds to interactive lessons based on those concepts. Further, these video lessons are mainly taught by popular pianist David Sides and Grammy Award winner Harry Connick Jr.
- Interactive Lessons- These lessons include an extract of popular songs, which are used to teach a particular concept. The explanation even includes notes for instructing and games for practice. Also, an added feature here is the Instant Feedback Mode, which rates your practice performance. Besides, you can customize your practice sessions and also the piano demo and sheet music as per your convenience.
- Songs and Forums- Since songs help the learner to understand the music and notes; the lesson offers a wide range of songs for users to learn. From classical to rock, the lesson includes every type of song. Besides, Playground Session provides its students with an open community forum. This enables them to share their learning experience and communicate freely about music and other related ideas, which help them develop and enhance their skills.
Conceptualized and built on some amazing features, Playground Sessions’ Bootcamp Package is perfect for those who want to learn piano for fun. It is definitely worth a purchase for its incredible teaching methods and resources.
We would say the Piano For All is the best online piano lesson. Since it is curated by piano master Robin Hall, this course is perfect for learners of all levels. In spite of the cost, the lessons provide a complete understanding of the basics as well as advanced concepts of the piano. So, opting for this lesson will surely help you to learn and perform better.
Well, we hope that with this compilation you have gotten some idea on the best online piano lessons. Make sure you decide on the one suited best for you and the one that ideally caters to your requirements.