Mpow Jaws Neckband Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Review 2019
The rise of wireless Bluetooth headphones was always inevitable. The challenges that were once faced by wireless headphones have since been overcome, and the market reflects this. Wireless headphones were once associated with poor sound quality, and oh, how well this issue has been addressed. Modern day wireless Bluetooth headphones have gone leaps and bounds in terms of sound quality and design. Depending on preference, wireless speakers are usually produced in either earbud or over ear forms. Many have associated over ear headphones with comfort over earbud headphones, but things have changed. May I introduce earbuds with a neckband; now keep an open mind, these headphones can provide the benefits of being lightweight and a worry free fit (no more falling earbuds) all whilst being able to produce high-quality sound equal to over ear headphones.
What you need to know before deciding which Bluetooth headphones are right for you.
Is the product proven to be comfortable?
Usually popularity will be a good indicator of this; also, previous experience with different designs will, understandably, influence your search. The market has since switched from regular earbuds to in-ear earbuds back to traditional and sports earbuds. Regular earbud popularity skyrocketed with the release of the recent apple earbuds (since the release of IPhone 6).
Price Vs. Features.
Can you justify the price in comparison to the included features?
In the modern market earbuds range in price from $4.99 for the mass-produced headphones, to the top of the range earbuds, which can fetch around $280 (Bose).
Modern earbud features should include:
- Compatible with cell phones and other Bluetooth devices
- Easy access controls with play/pause (and call answer), volume control and next/previous track buttons
- High quality built-in microphone
- Metallic lock feature for earbuds to stay securely around your neck
- High quality stereo sound
- Waterproof (usually sweat proof)
- Noise cancelling!
Does this product make your life easier?
This is a must for wireless headphones; why would you purchase wireless headphones instead of regular earbuds if there were no practical benefits on offer? A good wireless earbud should be lightweight for comfort, and tangle free, to lengthen product life and for convenience. Many choose to purchase a wireless earbuds over a regular ones as long as they can match or exceed standard features offered in regular earbuds whilst providing the same high standard of practicality.
Is there adequate warranty to ensure Quality Control?
Your chosen headphones, which are also an investment, should be secured with a warranty in case of any faults or damages. Warranty should cover no less than 1 year.
Mpow Jaws Wireless Neckband Bluetooth Headphones
So What’s On Offer?
What makes this product stand out is it’s unique design; not only is it possibly the lightest of wireless headphones with a neck band on the market, but its magnetic clip provides comfortable wear. Just clip them to wear around your neck!
This product is jam packed with the all the features you would expect to see in a quality wireless Bluetooth headphones including sleek controls for play/pause, answer calls, and next/previous track buttons. My favourite feature of this product would have to be the noise cancelling, up to date modern CVC6.0 technology. The noise cancelling feature not only filters out unwanted background noise but also ensures the clearest sound quality for calls or for your favourite tracks. This product is comfortable due to it’s lightweight neckband, converting many of the regular earbud consumers due to the ”barely there” feeling. This product boasts an ultra long battery life of 13-hours music time, more than 5 hours longer than others in the market usually (limited to 8 hours playtime).
- Latest noise cancelling technology CVC6.0
- Much more lightweight than other neck band headphones on the market
- Longer play time (13 hours) compared to most wireless headphones which usually last up to 8 hours
- You can keep your phone safely stashed whilst having the freedom of being hands free
- Latest Bluetooth technology 4.1
- Product is sweat proof, perfect for those hard workouts
- Easy access controls to answer calls, control volume and songs as well as a microphone
- Specific to the neckband category: not as possible as regular wireless earbuds
- Newest model, MBH31 featuring a new design, is not as popular as the previous model, MBH25
- Larger headphones compared to regular wireless earbuds
- Not submersible waterproof, this product can only withstand small drops and sweat
My Wrap Up
Simply the pros outweigh the cons. All in all, I find this product to be surprisingly comfortable, even as a regular earbud fan. I would suggest going for the older MBH25 model, which is jam packed with features and comes in at $25.95 instead of its minimalistic big brother the MBH31.
I highly suggest checking out this product when you’re choosing wireless Bluetooth headphones; this product has converted many regular earbud consumers so approach these with an open mind! Be sure to check out our resource on the best bluetooth earbuds or the best wireless earbuds.
Product images sourced from Amazon.com