Best Portable PA System for 2021 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Choosing a Public Address (PA) system can prove to be a difficult task. Your choice ideally should depend on your intended audience and venues, the sound field that you are expecting to cover, and power requirements. The budget is also a prime factor as audio equipment tends to be quite expensive.After careful analysis, we have come up with five best portable PA system that offer brilliant audio quality at affordable prices.
|1. Fender Passport Venue Series 2
Buy on Amazon
|2. ION Audio Tailgater iPA77
Buy on Amazon
|3. Yamaha Stagepas 400BT
Buy on Amazon
|4. Bose S1 Pro
Buy on Amazon
|5. JBL Pro EON ONE Compact
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Portable PA System Reviews and Comparisons
1. Fender Passport Venue Series 2
- 600 watts of output power-ample for medium to large audiences
- Output Level Meter | Integrated Ten-Channel Mixer Lets You Intuitively Mix lecture Panels and Musical Ensembles and More
- Dimensions: 23" H x 29" W x 11" D | Weight: 46 lbs
- USB-Equipped: Record Performances to a USB Flash Drive and Play Audio Files (CD Quality 16 bit / 44.1kHz) MP3 and WAV Playback
- International voltage operation (100V-120V / 220V-240V)
Fender is an elite manufacturer of musical instruments including guitars, amps and speaker systems. Its famous PA system lineup is the Passport series, known for its excellent build and sound quality. In case you are searching for something that can get super loud then check out the Fender Passport Venue Series 2.
Passport Venue is known for its superior sound quality. If you are a professional guitarist looking to carry a PA system to your gig, look no further. This device can amplify your acoustic guitar and your voice for crisp and clear output.
You can simply carry the machine like a suitcase, and flip open the cabinet, release latches for easy setup. It consists of two full-range speaker cabinets, a powered mixer, and all cables needed. Input channels include volume, treble and bass, and reverb controls. Reverb channels are excellent as they help in amping up the music to make the audio output sound superior.
What We Like About Fender Passport Venue Series 2
The Fender Passport Venue Series 2 is designed to provide clear audio at all mass gatherings including sporting events, conferences, meetings, seminars, and musical performances.
See Related Article: Fender Champion 20 Electric Guitar Amplifier Review – 2020 Deep Dive
What We Don’t Like About Fender Passport Venue Series 2
The machine runs out of power quickly.
- Excellent sound quality
- Bluetooth streaming
- All electrical components in the package runs out of charge together
2. ION Audio Tailgater iPA77
- Dynamic, powerful speaker system with 50-hour rechargeable battery
- Bluetooth connectivity plus iOS/Android app for expanded control
- USB power bank to conveniently recharge your smartphone, tablet, and more
- AM/FM radio with bright, clear display, and 1/8" auxiliary input; microphone and auxiliary cable included
- NOTE: This product DOES NOT have wheels,Please refer the instructional videos under image section and user manual under the product description for user support.
If you are looking for a PA system with a booming sound and can run with just batteries, then we recommend the ION Audio Tailgater. It is a compact and lightweight device for entertaining a small crowd whether you are hosting a backyard pool party or a tailgate party.
The ION Audio Tailgater iPA77 is a two-way speaker system providing 50 Watts sound power. It houses a 6.5-inch woofer which increases the sound field. Moreover, it boasts a battery life of 50 hours making it perfect for all your outdoor parties.
The unique selling point of this portable Bluetooth PA System is its “tailgater” tag. Considered as a great tool for parties it has a special feature called ‘easy pair’. Simply place your phone or tablet on top of the speaker with your Bluetooth on and the devices will pair almost immediately. The Bluetooth range can extend up to 100 ft.
What We Like About ION Audio Tailgater iPA77
Lightweight and easily portable machine that can produce ear-splitting sound levels without distortion.
What We Don’t Like About ION Audio Tailgater iPA77
There is no inbuilt equalizer to tailor the music to your taste.
- Easy pair feature
- 50 hours of battery time
- No in-built equaliser
3. Yamaha Stagepas 400BT
- Ultimate portability: compact and light enough to carry by hand
- Fast and easy set-up: STAGEPAS 400BT can be setup and ready to perform in a matter of seconds
- A PA for any occasion: cover a wide range of environments and applications
- Bluetooth connectivity: allows wireless streaming from smartphones and tablets
- Intelligent DSP: one button operation for Intelligent feedback Suppressor
Yamaha Stagepas 400BT is a compact and easy to set up the PA system meant for a medium-sized party. It is a lightweight and easily portable system that boasts features including good sounding reverb, input limiting, and feedback suppression.
Fitted with a frequency response of 55 Hz to 20 kHz and a maximum output of 129 dB, the device can produce loud enough volume to fill up a ground full of people. This model is supplied with two loudspeakers and a 10-channel mixer that offers four types of SPX digital reverbs with parameter control, 1-Knob Master EQ, 3-band channel EQ, a feedback suppressor, Hi-Z (high-impedance) inputs and phantom power.
The mixer is purpose-designed and user friendly. The 1-Knob Master EQ controls preset for various situations, from basic speech to music to an additional bass boost. There is also a built-in feedback suppression and an FX unit that can be controlled using a single knob.
What We Like About Yamaha Stagepas 400BT
It is a compact package that has an easy setup and is user-friendly.
What We Don’t Like About Yamaha Stagepas 400BT
Lacks parallel jacks which might make you use them as floor monitors instead of the main speaker.
- Single knob control for the effects unit
- Bluetooth connectivity
4. Bose S1 Pro
- Big sound from a rugged speaker that goes where you do
- This portable Bluetooth PA system is made for parties, outdoor get-together, and all those times that deserve better sound
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing and inputs for a microphone or musical instrument such as a keyboard or guitar
- Built-in sensors and multiple aiming positions for optimal sound in any nearly position
- Get up to 11 hours of play time with the rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
The Bose S1 Pro is the company’s smallest and most affordable portable PA system. Its smart design is perfect for singer-guitarists who perform in small venues or even outdoors, where there are no power sources. Therefore, this is an ideal one for your fishing and camping trips with friends.
The S1 features a built-in three-channel mixer, with two mic/line inputs and one line input that can be connected to a Bluetooth source. The mixer has individual bass, treble, reverb, as well as ToneMatch controls for channels making the Bose S1 an all in one PA system.
The Bose S1 can adapt to various circumstances by changing projection patterns to suit floor, elevated, tilt-back, and speaker-stand setup configurations. It can disperse full-range sound across a wide sound field. It can easily fill larger rooms with volume levels that are just above the average volume of conversation.
What We Like About Bose S1 Pro
The built-in reverb provides a natural-sounding room ambiance effect.
What We Don’t Like About Bose S1 Pro
Sound quality can be slightly improved for the price tag.
- Excellent reverb channel
5. JBL Pro EON ONE Compact
- Your purchase includes One JBL Professional EON ONE Battery-Powered base | Rechargable Battery, IEC Charging Cable & Quickstart Guide
- Speaker dimensions – 11.46” L x 10.04” W x 15.71” H | Weight – 17.63 lbs. | Battery Life – Up to 12 | Frequency response - 37.5 Hz-20 kHz | Max SPL – 112 dB (peak) | Bass – 8” woofer / 1" tweeter
- 8-Inch woofer with deep low-frequency performance down to 37.5 Hz
- Ultra-compact loudspeaker, amp, mixer, and effects all rolled up in one easy-to-carry package with legendary JBL sound
- Connect mics, instruments and playback devices with two XLR/TRS combo jacks, one 1/4-inch (6.3mm) Hi-Z guitar input and one 1/8-inch (3.5mm) aux input
JBL Pro EON ONE Compact is an ergonomically designed and easy to carry PA system. It is a self-powered, full-range loudspeaker that operates on the mains power or internal battery pack. It consists of a four-channel digital mixer, digital signal processing, and extensive remote–control capability all accessible from the free JBL Compact Connect app.
See Related Topic: Loudest Bluetooth Speakers
For a meager weight of 8kg and an extremely compact size, this JBL machine doesn’t compromise on functionality. Promising a sound pressure level of 112dB and 80-watts power rating this compact device can get pretty loud.
There is an integrated four-channel mixer that provides plenty of connectivity options. The infinitely rotatable potentiometers located on the back panel helps you to adjust volume, EQ, and reverb. There is also a built-in ducker to give a dynamic control between voice and music playback levels.
What We Like About JBL Pro EON ONE Compact
The S1 Pro can be tilted, seated, stand-mounted, or placed on its side.
What We Don’t Like About JBL Pro EON ONE Compact
Some functions are only available via the app.
- Compact and easily portable
- 12 hours of battery-powered operation
- Some functions can only be accessed via the JBL Compact Connect app
The main feature of any portable PA system is its sound quality. It should be able to amplify your vocals as well as other musical instruments that are being used. Apart from the sound output, factors like weight, connectivity options, and budget require careful consideration.
After evaluating different PA systems based on the above factors we have come to the conclusion that ION Audio Tailgater iPA77 is the best PA system. It is the best tool for your party as well as other gatherings. It is lightweight, loud, and affordable making it very desirable if you frequently host a tailgate or house parties.
I hope our suggestions help you pick the right PA system!