Best Outdoor Wireless Speaker for 2022 [Our reviews and comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Imagine having a party outdoors with poor music quality to take away all the fun. Not-so-loud speakers with unsightly wires just mess up the event making for a big party spoiler.Don’t worry! We have a perfect solution to your problem – the outdoor wireless speaker. Lightweight, durable, long playtime is everything that you will get out of these speakers to keep your party going.
With numerous options available on the market today, we understand it becomes quite confusing for you to choose the best one. So, after an in-depth trial and testing, we have listed down five best outdoor wireless speakers for you.
Related Article: Best Powered Speakers for 2020 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
|1. JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Buy on Amazon
|2. Bose Sound Link Micro, Portable Outdoor Speaker
Buy on Amazon
|3. OontZ Angle 3 (3rd Gen)
Buy on Amazon
|4. Polk Audio Atrium4 Outdoor Speakers with Powerful Bass
Buy on Amazon
|5. Tribit XSound Go Bluetooth Speakers
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Outdoor Wireless Speakers Reviews and Comparisons
1. JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- ALL-PURPOSE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER -Take the party everywhere with Flip 4, a portable Bluetooth speaker that delivers powerful stereo sound. With durable, waterproof fabric, this speaker features up to 12 hours of continuous, high-quality audio playtime.
- WIRELESS & NOISE CANCELLING - Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker & take turns playing impressive stereo sound. Plus, take crystal-clear calls from your speaker, thanks to the noise and echo-cancelling speakerphone.
- WATERPROOF & DURABLE - No more worrying about rain or spills: Flip 4 is completely waterproof—you can even submerge it in water. Plus, the improved, durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing protects the speaker on your outdoor adventures.
- EXTRA FEATURES - Link over 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party. Plus, access Siri or Google Now from your speaker with a simple button press.
- INCLUDES BASS RADIATOR - Hear the bass, feel the bass, see the bass: Dual external passive radiators demonstrate how powerful your speaker is.
JBL Flip 4 is capable of delivering powerful stereo and is known as the next generation wireless speaker in the JBL Flip series.
Flip 4, quite similar to Flip 3, is slightly heavier, weighing approximately 1.76 pounds. Yet, it is compact and powered by 3000mAh rechargeable lithium polymer batteries supporting 12 hours of continuous and high-quality playtime. It comes in durable and waterproof fabric making it compatible for all-weather parties.
What We Like About JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
It comes with an in-built noise and echoes eliminating features enabling clear phone calls. Also, it is specially designed with JBL Connect+ technology that can connect around 100 JBL speakers together to enrich and amplify your listening experience. Apart from these, the wireless speaker’s simple button can help you to talk to Siri or Google instantly.
What We Don’t Like About JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Although the speaker’s bass is improved as compared to Flip 3 series, it still lacks the real bass punch.
- In-built noise and echo elimination
- JBL Connect+ technology
- Lacks real bass punch
2. Bose Sound Link Micro, Portable Outdoor Speaker (Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity)
- Bose Waterproof Speaker — Small but powerful, the Bose SoundLInk Micro Bluetooth speaker produces loud, clear sound with shockingly deep bass. It packs a custom-designed transducer and passive radiators for crisp, balanced sound.
- Tear-resistant Strap — This small portable speaker comes equipped with an easy-to-use, tear-resistant silicone strap. Secure it to your backpack, beach cooler, or handlebars, and the reliable strap will hold tight through shocks and shakes.
- Rugged Outdoor Speaker — Constructed from durable materials, including a rubberized silicone exterior, SoundLink Micro resists drops, dents, cracks, and scratches. Plus, its soft-touch finish almost never shows a mark.
- IP67 Waterproof Speaker — The SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker has been rigorously tested to meet an IP67 rating. It’s waterproof, dustproof, and protected from extreme temperatures, liquids, and other substances.
- Long-lasting Battery — This small outdoor speaker comes with a powerful lithium-ion battery. Enjoy up to 6 hours of music and charge anytime via the included Micro-USB cable.
Bose Sound Link Micro stands out amongst other speakers as it is in-built with Bose technology that produces loud and clear sounds.
This wireless speaker is the company’s smallest and is IPX7 certified. It is waterproof and completely submersible. Moreover, it is easy to carry as it weighs around 10 ounces. As per its size, it can survive a playtime as long as 6 hours and is rechargeable with a micro USB port.
What We Like About Bose Sound Link Micro, Portable Outdoor Speaker (Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity)
The loud and clear sound quality is due to the custom mounted transducer with passive radiators, which is its stand out feature. The rugged exterior with tear-resistant silicone strap makes is attachable to bags and other objects during adventures.
It also comes with Bluetooth and stereo mode for unstoppable music. Another highlighting feature of this speaker is that you can link two Sound Link speakers together for party mode.
You can also pair it with another Bose device using SimpleSync technology.
What We Don’t Like About Bose Sound Link Micro, Portable Outdoor Speaker (Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity)
What we didn’t like about this product is its average battery life of 6 hours. You will end up charging it frequently
- Pocket sized
- Custom mounted transducer with passive radiators
- Bluetooth and Stereo
- Waterproof (fully submersible)
- Average battery life of 6 hours
3. OontZ Angle 3 (3rd Gen)
- 🎶 HIGHER QUALITY CRYSTAL CLEAR STEREO SOUND - The OontZ Angle 3 is Designed and Engineered by Cambridge Sound Works in the USA, using the highest quality components.
- 🔊 LOUDER VOLUME WITH ZERO DISTORTION – Surprisingly loud with no distortion, even at maximum volume. POWERFUL 10 WATTS OF OUTPUT VOLTAGE
- 💙 Suitable for INDOOR AND OUTDOOR USE - Incredible BLUETOOTH (5.0) RANGE OF 100 FEET meaning CONSTANT UNINTERRUPTED MUSIC
- 🚿 IPX5 WATER RESISTANT – Splashproof making it the IDEAL SHOWER SPREAKER or for TRIPS TO THE BEACH or POOL
- 🔋 Powerful battery with play time of UP TO 14 HOURS
OontZ Angle 3 (3rd Gen) from Cambridge Soundworks is able to deliver enhanced and louder sound with rich bass.
Oontz Angle 3 (3rd Gen) sound is unexpectedly loud because of the volume booster of 10-watt power. It is also built with water-resistant capability with IPX5 certification. So, it can sustain splashes or spray of water but cannot be fully submerged. It is built with a 2500mAh rechargeable battery.
What We Like About OontZ Angle 3 (3rd Gen)
The best feature of this speaker is its long battery life. It has a 14 hours non-stop playtime. Also, it has an advanced antenna design that supports Bluetooth 4.2 technology. This allows great and fast connectivity with an impeccable wireless range. It can also be connected to other devices through AUX cable.
What We Don’t Like About OontZ Angle 3 (3rd Gen)
As per our testing, the downside of this speaker is that it does not have a long life as it can wear out quite soon.
- 10 watt AMP volume booster
- Advanced antenna design
- Long battery life
- Quite flimsy
4. Polk Audio Atrium4 Outdoor Speakers with Powerful Bass
- CREATED TO LIVE AND PLAY OUTDOORS, your Atrium Speakers can be installed in any open space—by a pool, in the patio or a sunroom, or tucked away somewhere in the backyard. They will deliver EXCEPTIONALLY GREAT SOUND
- WIDER SOUND DISPERSION & SURPRISINGLY POWERFUL BASS driven by a 4 1/2" mineral filled Dynamic Balance polymer cone and a 3/4" anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround. 80W power CUTS THROUGH LOUD, JARRING BACKGROUND NOISES
- Recognized as ONE OF THE BEST-LOOKING OUTDOOR SPEAKERS, Polk Atrium 4 speakers come with a steeply-angled baffle design filling open spaces with big full-range sound. The outer profile EASILY BLENDS INTO THE CORNERS OF THE OUTDOOR WALLS
- ONE-CLICK SPEED-LOCK MOUNTING BRACKET offers EASY, ANTI-SLIP ONE-HANDED INSTALLATION allowing you to mount these speakers vertically or horizontally, to deliver the best possible sound in a variety of situations. Simply mount the swiveling C-bracket
- THE SPEAKER FOR ALL SEASONS – it’s rugged durability, high environmental endurance and superior quality has helped Polk Outdoor Speakers earn the all-weather Certification. EFFORTLESSLY WITHSTANDS EXTREME TEMPERATURES AND HEAVY RAIN year after year
Polk’s Audio Atrium 4 is regarded as the speaker for all seasons because it meets all specifications for enduring extreme weather conditions. The high-quality components deliver great sound from this unobtrusive speaker.
Atrium 4 is in-built with a dynamic balance that pumps out exceedingly loud sound from its compact design. Weighing about 3.6 pounds, this speaker can sustain any weather conditions, from high temperatures to heavy rains. Its power ranges up to 100 watts.
What We Like About Polk Audio Atrium4 Outdoor Speakers with Powerful Bass
Atrium 4 is marked by its Dynamic Balance and Klippel Optimization technology making it perfect for performance. Dynamic balance provides distortion-free sound and Klippel optimization ensures clear sound quality even at extreme listening levels.
It also has an excellent Speed locking mounting system, which allows multiple mounting positions for effective sound quality and playtime.
What We Don’t Like About Polk Audio Atrium4 Outdoor Speakers with Powerful Bass
What we found as a major limitation of this speaker is its lack of rich bass. This makes music sound flat and produces poor quality sound.
- Dynamic Balance
- Klippel Optimization technology’
- Speed lock mounting system
- Lacks quality bass
- Poor quality sound
5. Tribit XSound Go Bluetooth Speakers
- KILLER AUDIO: With crystal highs, crisp mids and rich bass, XSound Go creates an immersive listening experience unlike any other. State of the art bass radiators and dual 8W power drivers deliver shocking sound without distortion even at maximum volume.
- EXTREME WATERPROOFING: Pool parties? Definitely. Lounging on the beach? Absolutely. Singing in the shower? You bet! This waterproof speaker is perfect for all sorts of summer fun.
- SLEEK & SOPHISTICATED: Tribit XSound Go is as stylish as they come. Curved edges and a matte finish offer a modern touch, the compact design maximizes portability. Toss it in a backpack, stick in in your purse, or carry it around with the attached strap.
- ALL DAY PLAY: Keep the music pumping all day (and all night) long. The powerful battery guarantees up to 24 hours of continuous use! You'll be able to enjoy your favorite songs whenever (and wherever) you please.
- WIRELESS CONNECTION: Don't let cords tie you down. Premium bluetooth 5.0 technology effortlessly connects to all of your bluetooth-enabled devices up to 100ft range. Press and hold the multifunction button to access the voice input for Siri and Google Now.
Tribit XSound Go speakers are lightweight devices delivering enhanced, clear and filling sound. It creates a delightful auditory experience from full-range drivers as well as passive radiators.
These speakers have an amazing 24 hours battery life. With rich bass and crisp sounds, XSound Go speakers enhance your listening experience. Ideal for all weather conditions, this speaker is also waterproof, making it perfect for your pool parties.
With Bluetooth 4.2 technology, its wireless connection is not only secured but also has a range of up to 66 feet, making it an ideal choice for outdoor parties as well. Its lightweight design makes it suitable for treks and adventure trips. Moreover, it works well with Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Dot.
What We Like About Tribit XSound Go Bluetooth Speakers
The dual high-performance drivers along with passive radiators eliminate unnecessary noise and bring out the clear and deep sound with smooth bass. Rest assured music at your party will definitely be distortion-free even when the volume is at its peak.
What We Don’t Like About Tribit XSound Go Bluetooth Speakers
Bringing out its pitfalls, the Tribit XSound Go seems problematic with complicated tracks. Moreover, the quality of bass also needs some improvements and it even takes a long time to charge
- Universal connectivity
- Long battery life
- Dual high performance driver and passive radiators
- Problems with complicated tracks
- Poor bass quality
- Long charging time
After thorough research and testing, we would suggest you go for the Bose Sound Link Micro portable and outdoor speaker. It comes with excellent quality sound that can revitalize your auditory senses.
Moreover, manufactured by Bose, it is quite affordable and durable, but its battery life is a downfall. However, with such quality of sound, we think, the Bose Sound Link Micro portable speaker can be a good investment.
Besides, with so many other suggestions on this list, we suggest you choose what seems best for you.