Best Bluetooth Speakers Under $100 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Whether it’s chilling by the poolside or going on an adventurous camping trip, Bluetooth speakers ensure that you’re in touch with your favorite music wherever you go.
Some important factors to keep in mind when planning to buy the Best Bluetooth speaker are portability, waterproofing, durability and of course, the sound quality.
We’ve picked five Bluetooth speakers for you which we think are the best options available today. So read our detailed reviews to choose a speaker that is suitable for you.
Related Article: Loudest Bluetooth Speakers for 2020
|1. JBL Flip 4
||1.14 lbs||12 hours||
Buy on Amazon
|2. Bose Soundlink Mini II
||1.5 lbs||10 hours||
Buy on Amazon
|3. Anker SoundCore 2
||12.6 oz||24 hours||
Buy on Amazon
|4. JBL Charge 3
||1.8 lbs||20 hours||
Buy on Amazon
|5. Sony XB10
||9.17 oz||16 hours||
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Bluetooth Speakers Under $100 Reviews and Comparisons
1. JBL Flip 4
- Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound
- Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery Supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- Ipx7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water
- JBL connect+ allows you to Link more than 100 JBL connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party
- Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speaker is
JBL Flip 4 features the exceptional JBL ConnectPlus app that allows you to link more than 100 JBL speakers for a memorable outdoor party. The Flip 4 is equipped with an echo and noise-canceling Speakerphone for those who don’t want to miss calls or need features of Google and Siri Assistant.
It comes with a built-in 3000mAh battery and provides up to 12 hours of playtime. The JBL Flip 4 has a built-in microphone and, with the touch of a button, turns the speaker into a speakerphone.
Thanks to the noise and echo-canceling technology, you can make incredibly clear calls. It is rated IPX7 and is therefore currently one of the best waterproof Bluetooth speakers on the market. It can withstand the impact of water when fully submerged.
The dual external passive radiators actually make the speaker very powerful and therefore it provides value for money.
What We Like About JBL Flip 4
What’s great about JBL Flip 4 is that there is no noticeable crackle at maximum volume with high treble in music. Also, if you’re a bass lover, then this speaker has the strongest/deepest bass and a very loud maximum volume.
What We Don’t Like About JBL Flip 4
Users complained of the battery deteriorating a few months after purchase. Also, the low mid-range sound isn’t highly impressive and there are no buttons for track navigation.
- Strong bass
- No crackle even at maximum volume
- Noise and echo-canceling technology for clear calls
- Flawed battery
- Low mid-range isn’t great
2. Bose Soundlink Mini II
- Big sound with deep bass for a full range listening experience
- Wireless and ultra compact so you can take Bose sound anywhere, Bluetooth Transmission Range Up to 30'
- Built in speakerphone lets you take calls out loud; Lithium ion battery plays up to 10 hours on full charge
- Voice prompts talk you through Bluetooth pairing, so it's super easy
- Note: Certain mobile devices may not support these functions. Kindly check User manual on Product Information for Troubleshooting steps
Bose Soundlink Mini II Bluetooth speaker looks small in size, but it is spectacular when it comes to sound quality. Given its size, this Bluetooth speaker sounds really great outdoors. It comes with powerful custom drivers and anodized aluminum sleekness.
The speaker is wireless and ultra-compact so you can take Bose sound anywhere. Its built-in speakerphone lets you take calls out loud and Lithium-ion battery plays up to 10 hours on a full charge. Its user-friendly voice prompts talk you through Bluetooth pairing.
What We Like About Bose Soundlink Mini II
The speakers have big sound with deep bass for a full-range listening experience. The ability to use it as a speakerphone is a handy feature. Callers have noted that the voice on the other end sounds clear. An incoming call can be answered (or refused) with a tap of a button on top of the unit.
What We Don’t Like About Bose Soundlink Mini II
With time, users found the battery life deteriorating as well as some Bluetooth pairing issues.
- Wireless and ultra-compact
- Deep bass
- Easy to use
- Battery issues with time
- Bluetooth pairing becomes problematic with time
3. Anker SoundCore 2
- ASTONISHING SOUND: Breathtaking stereo sound with deep bass is delivered with exceptional clarity and zero distortion by two high-sensitivity drivers and a patented bass port
- 24H WORRY-FREE BATTERY LIFE: Anker's exclusive, long-life battery technology provides 24 hours of sublime music
- WATERPROOF BUILD: IPX5-rated casing offers complete protection against liquids
- EFFORTLESS CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth 4.2 ensures instant pairing and maintains a strong connection up to 66 ft
- BassUp TECHNOLOGY: An in-house tuned digital signal processor analyzes the low frequencies to intensify the song’s bass in real-time.
SoundCore 2 is an upgraded version of the original SoundCore. With 2x 6W high-performance drivers, it has been designed to deliver the same clarity as to its predecessor. Anker offers in-house BassUp technology to provide a wide range of sound including deep lows.
It is a lightweight Bluetooth wireless speaker providing a whopping battery life of 24 hours. With the help of the built-in high-capacity Li-ion battery and the industry-leading power management technology from Anker, you can play up to 500 songs.
As it comes with an IP5X rating, the SoundCore 2 is water-resistant. It’s also dustproof, so you can take your music anywhere without stressing because most of the time we’re afraid it might get ruined with dust.
What We Like About Anker SoundCore 2
The compact layout of “grab and go” would allow you to take it anywhere and play music. The design is generic, but it’s durable. You’ll get a range of 66 feet to play music via Bluetooth, and that’s also pretty good.
What We Don’t Like About Anker SoundCore 2
The speakers’ extremely aggressive auto volume leveling boosts quiet parts of songs and soften loud parts, completely removing any dynamic range. Also, the Bluetooth connectivity range is problematic.
- Water-resistant with IPX5 rating
- Highly portable
- Durable design
- Aggressive auto volume leveling
4. JBL Charge 3
- Bluetooth - Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing powerful stereo sound.
- Battery type : Lithium-ion Polymer (22.2Wh)2) 20 hours of playtime(varies by volume level and content)
- IPX7 Waterproof
- Take crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and echo-cancelling speakerphone.
- Build your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL Connect enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience.
The best part about Charge 3 is that it comes with a built-in Li-ion (6000mAh) rechargeable battery that will give up to 20 hours of playtime and can also charge smartphones and tablets via USB. This portable Bluetooth speaker therefore also acts as a power bank and it’s a great feature to have.
The JBL Charge 3 has a built-in microphone and, due to its noise and echo-canceling features, you can transform it into a speakerphone with the touch of a button and make crystal clear calls. You can even connect compatible speakers using JBL Connect and take the audio experience to a new level.
It is graded as IPX7 and is therefore waterproof. The JBL Charge 3 consists of sturdy textile material and tough rubber that allows the speaker to withstand all kinds of adventures.
What We Like About JBL Charge 3
JBL is known for its intense, deep bass and Charge 3 does not disappoint in this domain. Along with this, you get a speaker that can be completely submerged in water and is highly durable.
What We Don’t Like About JBL Charge 3
Charge 3 is quite bulky and can be a hassle to carry while travelling. Also, many users complained of receiving a replica of the product which was definitely not the authentic JBL Charge 3.
Once you receive the product, look for white LEDs and the CHARGE 3 logo on the back waterproof door to ensure that it’s original.
- Built-in microphone
- Noise and echo-canceling features
- IPX7 certified, hence waterproof
5. Sony XB10
- Feel the power of EXTRA BASS
- Connect and stream music easily with Bluetooth and NFC. Bluetooth- Compatible Profiles-A2DP/AVRCP/HFP/HSP
- Add an extra speaker for stereo sound. Frequency Transmission Range : 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (Sampling frequency 44.1 kHz)
- Water-resistant design for worry-free listening indoors or out
- Listen all day with up 16 hours of battery life.Max. Communication Range:32.81 ft
Sony XB10 has been included in our list because of its affordability and stylish looks. This model features EXTRA BASS properties, which essentially means it has an impressive built-in passive radiator.
Working seamlessly with the internal speaker, this radiator boosts the low frequencies despite its tiny size.
It can be auto-linked for the full range of rich stereo sound to a secondary Sony speaker. In case the weather decides to turn, it is built with water-resistant components for safe outdoor listening.
This outdoor speaker has a battery life of 16 hours so you don’t need to charge it for a long time. Bluetooth tech or Near Field Communication protocols can be used to connect the speaker to other devices.
What We Like About Sony XB10
Three features make this speaker a delight to music enthusiasts. First, is its highly portable design. Second, is the fact that it’s water resistant and can survive tough weather conditions. Third, is its extra bass, which will be loved by everyone who’s fond of the thumping bass.
What We Don’t Like About Sony XB10
You can’t change the name of the device on bluetooth so if you buy more than one, it might get confusing to differentiate between multiple speakers. Also, users complained of bad Bluetooth connectivity.
- Highly portable
- Extra bass
- Water resistant
- Bluetooth connectivity problematic
- Device can’t be renamed
Considering the unique features of each speaker on our list the JBL Flip 4 is our personal favorite. Accompanying a 3000mAh rechargeable battery with 12 hours of battery life this device is capable of producing powerful stereo sound.
Coupled with IPx7 waterproof rating this device is perfect for small scale pool parties and house parties. You won’t go wrong if you choose one of the other options if you find it suits your budget and your needs.
So select one and get your groove on the go!