Best Soprano Ukulele for 2022 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Among the various sizes available, a Soprano ukulele is the smallest kind which is then followed by a concert, tenor, and baritone ukes. Ukuleles usually come in three forms which affect the quality of their sound.
First, the figure 8 shaped ukuleles look more like guitars and produce a concentrated, balanced tone. Additionally, with its larger sizes, Pineapple shaped ukes create loud tones.
And finally, the Banjo creates the loudest sounds with banjo-like tones. Nevertheless, most sopranos are more commonly found in the shape of a figure-8 and the pineapple.
Ukuleles can also be acoustic, electric or electro-acoustic. So you need to choose one wisely depending on your needs.
Also, if you plan on buying a uke that lasts long, you may have to increase your price bracket a little.
With so many varieties present in the market, if finding a suitable soprano uke seems like a daunting task, then we’re here to help.
Related Article: Best Tenor Ukuleles for 2020
Read our reviews of the best soprano ukuleles for 2020 to find the uke that you desire.
|1. Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele
Buy on Amazon
|2. Luna Tattoo Mahogany Soprano Pineapple Ukulele Pack
Buy on Amazon
|3. Lohanu LU-S Soprano Ukulele Bundle
Buy on Amazon
|4. Kala Learn to Play
Buy on Amazon
|5. Donner Soprano Ukulele Bundle Pack
No products found.
No products found.
Our Best Soprano Ukulele Reviews and Comparisons
1. Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele
- Kala’s KA-15S came into the world in 2005 as the answer to a high-quality, affordable, entry-level ukulele and still remains the unrivaled ukulele in its class.
- The KA-15S is well-suited for classroom use, practicing, and acoustic performance. It is the instrument of choice for schools - More people learn to play on a Kala than any other ukulele brand
- A very traditional Mahogany Soprano Ukulele in a satin finish with a bright, warm, full-bodied tone.
- Comes with a beautiful Walnut Fingerboard and Bridge, Mahogany Neck, 12 Brass Frets, GraphTech NuBone and Aquila Super Nylgut Strings from Italy and distinguished by its etched Polynesian-style Shark Teeth rosette
- Kala ukuleles are played by some of the most renowned players around the world including: twenty one pilots, Vance Joy, dodie, EatMyUke, The Ukulele Teacher, and Zac Brown.
KA-15S boasts of having absolutely no ‘high action’ and zero buzzing which means you don’t have to worry about going off-tune mid-performance.
Using mahogany as a tonewood for body and neck, this soprano ukulele emanates rich and warm tones. It also features a rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
Along with 12 brass frets with fret position marks on 5th, 7th and 10th on a walnut fingerboard, Kala has added a light, sunburst finish on the body, neck, and headstock of their uke.
The matte finish on the smooth textured wood acts as a plus for resonance. Its performance is further accentuated by high-quality Aquila nylgut strings that create symphony sweeter than a harp.
This model comes with straps, clip-on chromatic tuner, extra set of strings and a gig bag which makes it totally worth your money.
What We Like About Kala KA-15S
Light build and minimal, satin finish make this uke great for regular use. Seasoned players can also choose this model since it is classy, has a sturdy rosewood fretboard for long hours of playing and a mahogany body for a high-end feel which is budget-friendly.
What We Don’t Like About Kala KA-15S
Despite having some great features, the nylon strings on this uke tend to go out of tune often. Also, if you’re a beginner looking for soprano ukes, you may find it expensive.
- Does not go off-tune
- Mahogany tonewood emits warm tones
- Matte finish ensures good resonance
- Nylon strings go out of tune at times
2. Luna Tattoo Mahogany Soprano Pineapple Ukulele Pack
- Luna's 21" Tattoo Soprano pineapple ukulele takes its design from traditional Hawaiian body ornamentation
- This is an instrument for players who want a ukulele that looks as good as it plays
- The design is primarily based on waves and sharks teeth which are also echoed as fret markers
- This Soprano Ukulele resonates with warm tone from a mahogany body and walnut fingerboard
- The included gig bag will help protect your instrument
Unlike most ukuleles that resemble a guitar, this pineapple uke typically has an oval shape without the cutaways of a typical guitar.
The Luna Tatto Mahogany Soprano Pineapple Ukulele comes with a beautiful tattoo design that will surely catch your attention. Also, it comes in a bundle. So, you don’t just get a uke, you get other useful accessories too, like a gig bag, a clip-on tuner, and a polishing cloth.
With all these in one competitively priced box, this uke is a great gift choice for any ukulele player you know or just as a treat to yourself.
What We Like About Luna Tattoo Mahogany Soprano
The body has an attractive grain pattern and belongs to the tattoo series, which has traditional tattoo designs. The intonation is excellent on all four strings up and down the neck. The uke stays very well in tune and gives you a dry, balanced tone to establish its presence wherever you are.
What We Don’t Like About Luna Tattoo Mahogany Soprano
The sharp frets on this uke might be unpleasant to the user. Also, we think its structure might be too small for some players.
- Unique and aesthetic form
- Great intonation
- Sharp frets
- Too small
3. Lohanu LU-S Soprano Ukulele Bundle
- BEST VALUE & BEST CHOICE! Soprano (21 in) is suitable for adults with small hands & children age 8 & under. Concert (24 in) is MOST POPULAR & has wider spaced frets. Concert is recommended for most adults & children age 9 & up. Tenor (26 in) is recommended for adults with large hands.
- EXCLUSIVE ARCHED BACK Almost Professional Sounding Instrument, produces a Deeper, Louder, Longer Sustained & Fuller sound than a flat back or a cheap solid wood ukulele! BEAUTIFUL DESIGN Sapele Wood, Premium White Bindings all around ukalalee body & neck. Chrome shiny tuning gears, keeps in perfect tuning.
- BEST & MOST COMPLETE ACCESSORIES! Includes 2 strap buttons installed, tuner, padded case, picks, extra Super Aquila Nylgut strings. EXCLUSIVE Leather Pick & Uke hanger! All accessories easily $40-50 Value!
- BONUS FREE EXCLUSIVE Step by Step Video Lessons for Beginners at a perfect pace, not too fast. 15+ lessons. Digital Songbooks included. Learn through favorite ukele sing along songs & Hawaiian Songs. Not available to public. $30-40+ Value!
- BEST UNCONDITIONAL LIFETIME WARRANTY for Ukelele & All Accessories!! Complete Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back. Most 5 Star Reviews & most total reviews for ukulele. Lohanu means ‘Love, Family & Unity’. BEST Customer Service from a CANADIAN Company!
For a beautiful top, bottom, sides, and neck, the Lohanu LU-S Soprano Ukulele has combined Sapele and Mahogany wood.
It is handmade and comes with contrasting ABS ties and white Aquila lines for a chic appearance. The rosewood fingerboard, diecast chrome tuning gears, and arched back add to the instrument’s quality. This uke offers a warm, bright sound with plenty of volumes, thanks to the quality materials and craftsmanship.
This ukulele comes with two pre-installed strap buttons. A neck strap a padded case and a tuner are also included. The soprano ukulele Lohanu LU-S comes with a lifetime warranty.
What We Like About Lohanu LU-S
Certain bonuses include a set of strings, two picks and a holder for picking, plus video lessons from the manufacturer.
The Lohanu LU-S Ukulele Soprano offers a step up from a basic ukulele at the entry-level. While it is ideal for those who are willing to take their playing to the next level, it is also good for beginners who don’t want the drawbacks of cheap ukuleles.
What We Don’t Like About Lohanu LU-S
As with all new strings, it takes time for these to break in. The ukulele should be regularly re-tuned during the break-in phase. Also, it costs slightly more than some other beginner ukuleles.
- Warm, bright sound due to Mahogany and Sapele wood
- Two pre-installed strap buttons
- Uke has to be re-tuned often in the initial phases
4. Kala Learn to Play (Soprano Ukulele)
- This bundle includes:
- Kala Learn To Play Ukulele Starter Kit: Kala Soprano Ukulele, Online Lessons, Quick Start Guide, Tuning App, Custom Logo Tote Bag
A special quality open gear tuner, Polynesian Shark Teeth, and graph tech nubone nut make the uke easy to play. The soprano features the shortest scale length and really tight fret spacing tuned G, C, E, A, which is ideal for beginners who are just getting familiar with ukes
The kit features a high quality, mahogany soprano uke with a satin finish that gives a rich sound. Adding to the quality is premium Aquila nylgut strings for soft and smooth strumming. Along with this, it also has 12 brass frets, a mahogany neck, and a soft walnut fingerboard and bridge.
Apart from the uke, you also get a tote bag from Kala, a 20-page starter booklet to kickstart your playing and information about Kala’s online sessions that will tutor you right. Kala’s tuner app which can be accessed from your phone or computer helps beginners to tune their ukes.
What We Like About Kala Learn to Play
If you’re a beginner who is passionate about ukes, Kala Learn to Play kit is a choice you should seriously consider. This kit is an overall value package that gives you the perfect instrument you need.
Along with this, the online sessions will also guide you if you ever feel lost while playing.
What We Don’t Like About Kala Learn to Play
This soprano uke has almost zero drawbacks. But its gig bag is not padded well enough to give suitable protection. Also, its tuners need to be bought separately.
- Mahogany soprano uke with satin finish
- Tuner app and online sessions for guidance
- Gigbag not well padded
- Tuners need to be bought separately
5. Donner Soprano Ukulele Bundle Pack
No products found.
If you invest in this model, you don’t have to consider buying an extra electric ukulele again, because Donner Soprano Ukulele can be plugged in.
Thanks to its rosewood fingerboard and bridge, it’s easy to play this ukulele. The mahogany frame, sides, and neck ensure a fine, rich sound. With a tuner that comes with the package, your brilliant music is certainly going to be heard loud and clear.
What We Like About Donner Soprano Ukulele
Advanced nylon carbon string used in this uke emits the ideal sound you like. Tuners used in Donner ukes are unique and known to make tuning an easy job that anyone can do perfectly.
Its 15 Brass Frets is possibly the attribute that separates Donner Soprano Ukulele from other ukuleles and will definitely make you stand out from other musicians.
What We Don’t Like About Donner Soprano Ukulele
There have been complaints regarding the durability of this uke.
- Can be plugged in and used as an electric uke
- Advanced nylon carbon string
- 15 Brass Frets
- Issues with durability
Our personal favorite on the list is Kala Learn to Play Soprano Ukulele Bundle. It is a high-quality uke with mahogany tonewood for that extra rich and warm sound. What makes it great is that it comes with a tuner app and online sessions that can guide novices on their journey of learning to play ukuleles.
We have mentioned other options too in case you want to invest in top brands like Donner, Luna, and Lohanu.
We hope our reviews have helped in providing you insight and in preparing you to go shop for ukes like a pro!
More to read: