Best Harmonica for 2021 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Are you looking for an easy to play musical instrument suitable for a number of genres and styles? If yes, then a harmonica is what you should get. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, harmonicas are really easy to pick. In this article, we have reviewed the five best harmonicas available on the market today. Read further to find the best one that suits your needs.
|1. Suzuki Promaster Harmonica
Buy on Amazon
|2. Lee Oskar Harmonica
Buy on Amazon
|3. Hohner Special 20-C Harmonica
Buy on Amazon
|4. Boseno Harmonica c Prime 24 Holes Double Tremolo
Buy on Amazon
|5. Suzuki HA-20-C Harmonica
No products found.
No products found.
Our Best Harmonica for 2020 Reviews and Comparisons
1. Suzuki Promaster Harmonica
- 10-Hole diatonic
- Machined phosphor bronze replaceable reed plates
- Satin Anodized, milled, Billet aluminum alloy comb
- Polished Stainless steel reed covers
- Soft-lined, hard-shell carrying case
Suzuki Promaster Harmonica is regarded as the most desirable harmonica that comes with exceptional construction and beautiful soothing sounds. This is a professional diatonic harmonica available at an affordable price.
Suzuki Promaster, a high-end harmonica, is suitable for professionals and beginners. With 10 holes and phosphor bronze reed plates, Promaster has high playability and impressive sound quality. Moreover, the impeccable construction of the harmonica enables it to produce rich and clear tones.
What We Like About Suzuki Promaster Harmonica
Promaster Harmonica is built with top-notch parts such as machined cut phosphor bronze reed plates and satin anodized billet aluminum alloy comb. The phosphor bronze reed plates are laser cut, which makes it well-tuned and bendable. These reed plates are replaceable as well. Further, the billet aluminum alloy comb is really useful as it holds the harmonica together, which enhances the tonal quality.
See Related Topic: Top 10 Best Pan Flutes for the Music Enthusiast in You
What We Don’t Like About Suzuki Promaster Harmonica
On the downside, at times few holes of Suzuki Promaster Harmonica are slightly out of tune. This impacts the tonal quality of the harmonica.
- Diatonic 10 holes harmonica
- Phosphor replaceable bronze reed plates
- Satin anodized billet aluminum alloy comb
- Excellent sound quality
- Suitable for beginners and professionals
- Sometimes out of tune
2. Lee Oskar Harmonica
- The Blues/Rock Harmonica
- Plastic Comb with large holes for easier playing
- Air Tight Design, Responsive Reeds, Louder Sound
- Replaceable Reed Plates at Half the Cost
- Orange Label, Major Diatonic 1910-C
A professional harmonica, this product, is manufactured by the reputable brand Lee Oskar and is known for its high-end craftsmanship. Suitable for playing blues and rock, the Lee Oskar harmonica has good sound quality and is available at a decent price.
With consistent tonal quality, Lee Oskar Harmonica is a highly recommended instrument for professionals and beginners. The harmonica sounds clear and bright with enough room for a substantial echo. This helps to improve the projection of the sound if it is used for group performance.
What We Like About Lee Oskar Harmonica
A standout feature of the Lee Oskar Harmonica is its reed plates. The reeds are placed on the lower beds with very little spacing between them. This design decreases the chances of air leakage. The reeds can be replaced if it gets worn out. Also, they do not cost a bomb as they are attached to the cover with three screws. Such a design makes changing the reeds quite easy.
What We Don’t Like About Lee Oskar Harmonica
Though the Lee Oskar Harmonica has a great design and dimension, it has two major drawbacks – its plastic comb and tuning. The comb of Lee Oskar is not a wooden one and the plastic comb is unable to bring out warm tones. And, rigorous playing is considered to be the reason for the harmonica to go out of tune.
- Replaceable reeds
- High-end craftsmanship
- Great projection
- Minimum air leakage
- Clear and bright sound
- Plastic comb results in lack of warm tones
- Goes out of tunes with rough usage
3. Hohner Special 20-C Harmonica
- 5 Special Twenty Harmonicas in a Zippered Neoprene Carrying Case that can hold up to 7 standard sized 10-hole harmonicas).
- Keys of G, A, C, D, & E
- Injection molded plastic comb with projecting mouthpiece for added playing comfort
- Stainless steel covers with closed sides; exceptionally airtight
- Recessed 0.9 mm brass reed plates, mounted with screws
Hohner Special 20-C Harmonica is the result of more than 100 years of tradition and skillful German craftsmanship. It is one of the top choices of professionals, as it is known for its great tonal quality.
Hohner Special 20-C Harmonica comes 5 in a pack with an affordable price tag. It is made of high-quality stainless steel cover. With 20 reeds and 0.9 mm brass reed plates, this set of harmonicas is the preferable choice of professionals.
What We Like About Hohner Special 20-C Harmonica
Hohner Special 20-C Harmonica stands out from its rival harmonicas because of its exceptional sound quality. The sounds produced by Hohner are deep and rich with excellent clarity in the individual notes. Besides, with this sound quality, different genres can be covered with much ease.
It has an extra plastic comb that is specially molded for the comfort of the player. Also, when you purchase the Hohner, a special 30-day free online harmonica lessons are included.
What We Don’t Like About Hohner Special 20-C Harmonica
Hohner Special 20-C Harmonica has few wrong keys included in the set, which tends to impact its tonal quality. Also, not only is it expensive, other harmonicas cannot fit in the case of the Hohner Harmonica.
- Pack of five harmonicas
- Exceptional sound quality
- Plastic comb
- A 30 days free online harmonica lesson
- Good quality stainless steel cover
- 20 reeds and 0.9mm brass reed plates
- Top choice of professional players
- Few wrong keys in the set
- Other harmonica cannot fit in Hohner’s holder
4. Boseno Harmonica c Prime 24 Holes Double Tremolo
- beautiful sound, praised the world: Chile imports of phosphor bronze alloy sound spring , corrosion resistance, not easy to aging off, making the whole harp playing more stable, more saving effort. Sound elegent, beautiful and strong enough, voice are stability and natural, is a good choose for beginner and professional piano playing!
- Stable structure, air tightness is good: the harmonica choose the multi-point support, harmonica inside are the 11 screws, with 2 pieces fixed flat to be total of 13 single screw fixation, making the overall structure is more robust, to ensure the air tightness of the harmonica.
- Yellow brass thickened cover, laser marking, Dazzle black high light handled, solemn and elegant, very highlight texture; plywood structure, more convenient to use a variety of playing skills.
- The production of food grade resin ABS engineering materials using the harmonica comb, the waterproof performance is good, non-toxic.
- cover plate shell engraved with the notes flag, everywhere for you into consideration, more convenient for beginners.
Boseno Double Tremolo Harmonica is reputable for its solid construction, as it is made of high-quality materials.
The Boseno Double Tremolo Harmonica is built with good quality materials such as imported phosphor bronze alloy sounds spring which are responsible for producing great sounds. These materials make it corrosion resistant, ensuring it is durable and consistent in tone.
What We Like About Boseno Harmonica c Prime 24 Holes Double Tremolo
The most outstanding feature of the Boseno Double Tremolo is its stable structure that ensures its decent sound quality. Also, it is the stability that makes it airtight, combats air leakage and produces a consistent tone.
Another likable aspect of its construction is ABS food material used for its comb which is non-toxic. This material makes the comb waterproof to boost its performance. The enhanced playability of the harmonica is due to the notes’ flags. These note flags provide great help to the beginners in their learning process.
What We Don’t Like About Boseno Harmonica c Prime 24 Holes Double Tremolo
The primary pitfall of this harmonica is its average sound quality and tuning. With top-notch materials and high-end construction, the sound and tonal quality do not turn out to be very refined. Hence, it requires improvement in sound and tonal quality.
- Solid construction
- High quality materials
- Phosphor bronze alloy sounds spring
- Corrosion resistant
- Air tight
- Comb made of ABS food material
- Sound and tonal quality need improvement
5. Suzuki HA-20-C Harmonica
No products found.
Suzuki HA-20-C Harmonica is the first instrument manufactured by the brand Suzuki. Portable with highest sound and tonal quality, Suzuki HA-20-C Harmonica is the most preferable harmonica for professionals.
This diatonic harmonica is designed in such a way that it produces impressive sounds and has enhanced tonal quality. The tone produced by this harmonica is rich, mellow and deep with clarity, which sounds really smooth when played.
Moreover, it is small enough to fit in your pockets and with its purchase, you’ll get a hard shell carrying case. Furthermore, the warm tones and a good bend make Suzuki HA-20-C Harmonica best suited for playing blues.
What We Like About Suzuki HA-20-C Harmonica
Suzuki HA-20-C Harmonica’s rich tonal quality is retained even when the harmonica is played in reduced volumes. This indicates that the harmonica comes with great control and precision; so whichever way it is played, the tone and notes produced are clear and right on pitch.
Also, the comb contributes to its loud sound as it is made of high-quality aluminum. Even the reeds are constructed using quality phosphor bronze material, which makes it free from air leaks and helps to achieve the best sound.
What We Don’t Like About Suzuki HA-20-C Harmonica
This harmonica isn’t much suitable for beginners as its playability is more advanced and it requires a lot of time to break through it. So, it is better for professional players. Plus, it is expensive compared to the other harmonicas.
- Phosphor bronze reeds
- Aluminum comb
- Air tight
- High quality sounds and tones
- Great control and precision
- Highly advanced playability makes it unsuitable for beginners
With an outstanding construction and beautiful melodious sounds, this diatonic harmonica is suited for both professionals and beginners. So, we suggest the Suzuki Promaster Harmonica as the the best harmonicas available on the market today.
Though at times its tone is not in sync, yet its high-end reeds and comb ensures that it produces rich and clear sounds.
However, you can always choose the other harmonicas on the list that suits your skills and budget the best.