Best Concert Ukulele For 2022 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Are you looking for the best concert ukuleles that are durable and harmonious? We’ve searched all the available options and picked the top 5 ukuleles that are produced by reputed and reliable brands. We looked at factors like tonewood, ease of playability, quality of tuners, and durability, among others while shortlisting the models.
So read our reviews to find a ukulele that will be your next music companion.
Read Related Readings: Best Ukulele Brands
|1. Kala Satin Mahogany Concert Ukulele (Kala KA-C)
Buy on Amazon
|2. Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Ukulele
Buy on Amazon
|3. Lanikai QM-BLCEC Concert Ukulele
Buy on Amazon
|4. Luna High Tide Series Koa Concert Ukulele
Buy on Amazon
|5. Donner Concert Ukulele Mahogany DUC-1
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Concert Ukulele Reviews and Comparisons
1. Kala Satin Mahogany Concert Ukulele (Kala KA-C)
- Kala Concert Mahogany Ukulele in a rich, satin finish with bright, contrasting cream binding. As the industry leader, our focus is to provide you with a high-quality, great sounding ukulele at an affordable price.
- These are gorgeous instruments that sound and play much more like an expensive, one-off, boutique-grade ukulele and have a warm, full-bodied, balanced tone.
- Comes with Graphtec NuBone nut and saddle, Silver Nickel Frets, Chrome Die-Cast Tuners, & Aquila Super Nylgut strings from Italy
- Kala ukuleles are played by some of the most renowned players around the world including: twenty one pilots, Vance Joy, dodie, EatMyUke, The Ukulele Teacher, and Zac Brown.
- CONCERT UKULELE – This would be considered a mid-sized ukulele with a bit longer scale and more frets than a soprano, which also makes it louder – tuned G C E A.
The Kala Satin Mahogany Ukulele (Kala KA-C) is a classic example of an inexpensive top quality ukulele. Kala is a fairly new ukulele manufacturer but is popular and well-known for its quality and creative ukuleles. This great uke features mahogany construction, fingerboard with rosewood and bridge, and geared tuners. The tonalities are deep and gentle, the intonation is perfect and it stays in harmony.
This uke is a simple but practical combination of stable die-cast tuners, the walnut bridge, the NuBone nozzle, and the saddle, and finally, Premium Nylgut Aquila strings. This hardware may not be anything too remarkable except that they are all very long-lasting and functional. In fact, considering its simple combo of hardware and tonewood, the KA-C has a sound far beyond what it should be.
This uke exceeds all hopes with its amazing highs and beautiful lows. Even for a concert, the volume is pretty good.
What We Like About Kala Satin Mahogany Concert Ukulele (Kala KA-C)
Although this Ukulele is perfect for beginners, even when you grow as a player, you can modify your playing with this uke. For players of all levels, the Kala KA-C is a great concert uke.
What We Don’t Like About Kala Satin Mahogany Concert Ukulele (Kala KA-C)
This uke also has a walnut fingerboard and cream binding. The same cannot be said for the fretboard although the binding is done very smoothly. You will see how frets stick out a little with some of these models. This makes it a little difficult to play the ukulele.
- Suits players of all levels
- Inexpensive without compromising on quality
- Problematic fretboard
2. Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Ukulele
- It features select Hawaiian Koa body and top with gloss finish
- It has Abalone binding and rosette on top
- It features Nyatoh neck, rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- It has Grover chrome tuners
- It has lifetime warranty
Oscar Schmidt has managed to create a glamorous yet affordable uke. The OU5 concert ukulele is a top-quality uke popular with beginners. This model will definitely grab your attention with a glossy laminated Koa body, matching abalone purfling and rosette.
The body also includes a cream binding that outlines the uke beautifully and also protects the edges from being damaged with use. Additionally, OU5 has a unique nyato wood that forms this model’s neck and a 16 frets rosewood fretboard.
As far as tuning is concerned, OU5 is packed with good chrome-closed-gear Grover tuners to hold the tuning well. The model also features a rosewood bridge and a saddle and ABS nut. As for the output, this uke’s projection is well balanced and crisp. While this uke doesn’t come with added accessories, it offers both high-quality craftsmanship and a performance worth your money.
What We Like About Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Ukulele
For beginners, the Oscar Schmidt OU5 concert ukulele is a brilliant choice because it is economical and of good quality. Even intermediate players may consider this uke to be a good option because of its build and playability.
What We Don’t Like About Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Ukulele
The sound of this uke is not very loud. Also, its tone is not highly rich in quality.
- Atrractive matching abalone purfling and rosette
- Chrome-closed-gear Grover tuners hold the tuning well
- Not very loud
- Tone quality is not highly rich
3. Lanikai QM-BLCEC Concert Ukulele
- Deluxe Grover Chrome open back tuners for tuning accuracy and keeping the headstock light for player comfort
- NuBone XB nut and saddle for maximum Sustain and best tone
- Wide comfortable neck profile for player comfort
- Chrome strap buttons are standard for safety and comfort
- Glossy stained quilted Maple ukuleles add a bit of color - Red (sun), natural (Sand) and Blue (surf) with pickup - ideal for stage or recording
Lanikai QM-BLCEC concert ukulele is a strong contender on this list, showing an impressive blue, painted, quilted maple shell. Part of the ‘Sun, Sand and Ocean’ series, this model has the ‘Surf’ finish to remind you of your beach days.
This concert uke will definitely catch your attention due to its attractive abalone soundhole rosette and rosewood fretboard. In terms of playability, Chrome strap buttons and Addario strings act as a bonus for the player.
A rosewood no-tie bridge makes it easy to quickly change strings when playing. In terms of sound quality, the laminated wood body of Lanikai provides a powerful acoustic tone and a naturally balanced amplified sound is emitted by the Fishman system.
What We Like About Lanikai QM-BLCEC Concert Ukulele
Featuring a solid Fishman Kula preamp system with 3 band EQ (bass, middle and treble) Lanikai has also added a built-in digital tuner making this uke suitable for professionals. Further enhancing the sound quality are high-level Deluxe Grover chrome open-gear tuners on a light, slotted headstock.
What We Don’t Like About Lanikai QM-BLCEC Concert Ukulele
The only drawback of this instrument is that it is too expensive and is not an ideal choice for people looking for ukes within a budget.
- Fishman Kula preamp system with 3 band EQ for balanced tone
- Nubone XB nut and saddle for enhanced bass effect
- Attractive body
4. Luna High Tide Series Koa Concert Ukulele
- Concert Size
- High Tide Ring in Abalone
- All Koa Construction
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Bundle Includes: Luna Ukulele Luna Gigbag Clip-on Tuner Extra Set of Strings TMS Polishing Cloth
Luna as a brand is known to embed the tribal essence of the woods in their models. Luna’s Hide Tide Series is inspired by its design of the celestial moon.
A mahogany neck, soft walnut bridge, and fretboard ensure the crystal-clear tone is emitted. The cutaway makes the higher frets easier to access. If you’re someone who likes your music loud, then the onboard preamp system raises the bar as far as amplification is concerned. Using maple and walnut woods to bind together with a satin finish makes this model a strong contender in comparison with its counterparts.
What We Like About Luna High Tide Series Koa Concert Ukulele
Open style tuners make sure your instrument is tuned in the correct way. Intermediate to advanced level players in their ukes needing the earthy, close-to-nature feel should opt for the Luna High Tide Series. There’s a branded travel bag in this series, too
What We Don’t Like About Luna High Tide Series Koa Concert Ukulele
Luna High Tide Series is quite expensive for those who are looking for ukuleles within a budget.
- An exclusive feature of abalone wave fret markers
- Onboard preamp system
- Koa tonewood gives a sound with depth
5. Donner Concert Ukulele Mahogany DUC-1
- ♫Well Made Mahogany Craftsmanship: Smooth Mahogany body produces a crisp and pleasant sound. Highly polished smooth Aquila ukulele strings with elevated resistance to wear under tension. Well polished smooth rosewood fingerboard and bridge provides a comfortable playability. Sami-Open finish with 9-cycle grinding and polishing process
- ♫Warm Rich Sound: Ukulele Mahogany top body and neck bring you much richer, brighter and warmer sound; High density bone nut and saddle combine with 4 advanced Aquila carbon nylon strings to gain clear and nice resonance and more sustain from Mahogany body
- ♫Come with Everything You Need: Concert ukulele bundle pack includes concert ukulele, gig bag, strap, tuner, 4 extra Aquila nylon strings, 4 picks and cleaning cloth. Meet all needs of both beginners and professionals. Padded gig bag features backpack style with 2 padded shoulder straps and exterior pocket for easy comfortable carry and well protection for ukelele. A decent gift for birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc
- ♫Easy to Play with Free Video Lesson: Get started with Donner 23 inch ukulele and professional free ONLINE VIDEO uku lessons for beginners. Easy to understand and get started. Donner ukulele bundle kit is great ukelele set for adults, beginners or professionals to play for fun or interest
- ♫Easy to Tune: Donner patented chrome-plated guitar style tuners increase accuracy and keep ukulele always in tune. Digital clip-on tuner is easy to tune and play. 18 brass frets with fret position marks at 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th frets on neck and top of fingerboard. Classic and Unique Soundhole Ring
Donner is a popular brand name in the world of ukes and its mahogany DUC-1 is worth your attention. The uke is not the only thing you get for your money. As a bonus, you get a bag, a uke strap, carbon nylon strings, and a digital clip-on tuner.
This model is a traditional concert uke with classic mahogany tonewood used for the body and neck to give a rich, deep sound. For the player’s comfort, Donner has used rosewood fingerboard and bridge. DUC-1 also features Donner patented, chrome-plated guitar style tuners and a special ABS rosette which adds to its beauty.
There are 18 brass frets with markings at the 5th, 7th, 10th, and 12th fret on the neck and at the top of the fingerboard.
What We Like About Donner Concert Ukulele Mahogany DUC-1
Beginners looking for traditional ukes that don’t cost a bomb ought to opt for DUC-1. Since it can be challenging to select accessories separately as a beginner. Donner will not only provide you with a quality uke but also add-on items to venture into the music area.
What We Don’t Like About Donner Concert Ukulele Mahogany DUC-1
The only drawback of this uke is that it’s too basic and is not suited for professional players.
- Mahogany tonewood for rich sound
- Chrome-plated guitar style tuners
- Not suitable for professionals
Kala KA-C Concert Ukulele is the best concert ukulele according to us. With a solid build and high playability, this uke pleases players of all levels. Also, it’s affordable and durable.
However, we’ve also mentioned other options for you to choose from if you’re looking for ukes from other brands
So choose an ideal one and keep strumming.