Best Capo Review 2021
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
As a guitarist, if you like experimenting with tunes, then you must keep a few tools in your arsenal. One of them is a capo. A guitarist can rely on it for enhancing the tunes and the pitch of the guitar. Whether it’s a live performance or just a jamming session, it is one handy tool.
We have reviewed 5 best capos available on the market today which you can choose from.
|1. Nordic Essentials Guitar Capo Deluxe
Buy on Amazon
|2. Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo
Buy on Amazon
|3. G7th Performance 2 Guitar Capo
Buy on Amazon
|4. Shubb Deluxe Series GC-30 (S1)
Buy on Amazon
|5. Kyser Quick-Change Capo KG6B
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Capo Reviews and Comparisons
1. Nordic Essentials Guitar Capo Deluxe
- Quickly and easily releases and repositions with one hand without disturbing tuning
- Luxury feeling and durable capo made of premium-grade zinc alloy (weight: 2,1oz)
- Package includes: 1 x guitar capo deluxe, 1 x carry pouch and instructions manual
Nordic Essentials Deluxe is a professional one with a metal finish, which makes it durable. It is also available in five distinguishable colors like metallic bronze, matte silver, matte coffee, metallic gold, and metallic black, which can match the color of the guitar.
With its logo engraved at the hinge of the neck, it is designed beautifully. From guitars to ukuleles, mandolins to bass guitars, and banjos, this one suits all these instruments, whether they have 6 or 12 strings. it is built of strong zinc alloy and is a lightweight instrument that comes with a one year warranty.
What We Like About Nordic Essentials Guitar Capo Deluxe
It’s main advantage is its spring release clamp. It is quick and easy to reposition with a single hand without imposing a lot of force on the guitar. Another trait of this one is its silicone pads, which protects the neck and fingerboard from mechanical damage and scratches. Its simple application and durability make it suitable for beginners or amateur guitarists.
What We Don’t Like About Nordic Essentials Guitar Capo Deluxe
The main limitation of this product is its difficulty to fit with all types of 12 strings instruments, as their fretboards are of various widths. Apart from this, Nordic Essential Deluxe Capo falls on the expensive side compared to other ones.
- Zinc alloy construction
- Fits all types of strings instruments
- Quick and easy spring release clamp
- Difficult to fit 12 strings instruments with wide fretboard
2. Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo
- Professional capo built to last - built of lightweight high quality zinc alloy (aircraft grade metal).
- Easy to move - fits perfectly electric and acoustic guitars, ukulele banjo, folk guitars and mandolin, and so on.
- No scratches - high quality silicone pad will protect your instrument against damage
- Change position smoothly between frets on stage with one hand. No fret buzz - stays in tune with a great intonation in all frets.
- High performance - steel spring with internal memory to provide strength and fatigue resistance. It will put just enough pressure on each guitar
Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo is a simple yet high-quality instrument with excellent durability and comfortable hand feeling.
It’s exceptional structure is designed based on the mechanical theory, which ensures that the memory spring applies pressure on the strings evenly to keep it in tune and eliminates buzzing.
This affordable instrument is easy to move across the fingerboard and comes with silicone pads to protect the capo from scratches and damage. Moreover, it perfectly fits with most of the string instruments such as ukuleles, guitars, banjos, folk guitars, and many more.
What We Like About Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo
The highlight of the Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo is that it can be used single-handedly. This indicates that the player can change the position of the capo between the frets even while playing. Plus, its steel spring is made of high-quality materials for providing extra strength and also making it wear and tear-resistant.
The high-end construction of the capo ensures that the right amount of pressure is implied to get an ideal tension force. Additionally, the capo produces good intonation across the frets of the guitar.
What We Don’t Like About Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo
Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo does not fit all types and models of guitars, as it tends to damage it. It is because the capo creates too much tension, which results in the strings going out of tune and ultimately damaging the guitar.
- Highly durable
- No buzzing, good intonation
- Can be used single handedly
- Steel spring
- Fits most string instruments
- Creates too much tension
- Unsuitable for some guitar models
3. G7th Performance 2 Guitar Capo
- Designed for classical/ flamenco guitars
- Squeeze on/ off Mechanism
- Slimmer, lighter design
G7th Performance 2 Guitar Capo is a classic with a new and slimmer design. With excellent features, it can be placed precisely on the neck of the guitar.
A guitarist who demands exceptional performance, G7th Capo is perfectly suitable for them. The rock-solid build and comfortable one-hand usability make it a capo worth considering. The positioning of the capo is fast and does not require frequent re-tuning. Besides, the silicone pads protect the neck of the guitar from damage.
What We Like About G7th Performance 2 Guitar Capo
It is constructed using the Unique Tension Control System. This feature allows squeeze on and off action, which moves the capo easily across the neck of the guitar. Also, this system ensures that with a single squeeze of it, you can get optimum tension. The guitarist has the complete control of the pressure placed on the string, which enables him/her to concentrate more on the playability and less on tuning the guitar.
What We Don’t Like About G7th Performance 2 Guitar Capo
- Slimmer design
- One hand usability
- Protective silicone pads
- Built with Unique Tension Control System
4. Shubb Deluxe Series GC-30 (S1)
- Distinctive capo design that has been loved and trusted by musicians for over 35 years
- Unique among adjustable capos, with Shubb you can "set it and forget it"- no need to reset the pressure with each use
- Locking and removing is as simple as flipping the lever
- Custom-made rubber works just like a fingertip and effortlessly keeps your guitar in tune
- To learn more about this product, see our Product Description below
The stainless steel construction using good quality materials in its spring mechanism makes the Shubb Deluxe Series GC-30 one of the most durable capos available today.
Excellent construction of Shubb Deluxe Series makes it suitable for intermediate level players and beginners too. Its stainless steel body is lined with a protective rubber to make it wear and tear-resistant. Further, the repeated repositioning allows the player to regulate the amount of pressure applied to the strings.
What We Like About Shubb Deluxe Series GC-30 (S1)
The best feature of the Shubb Deluxe Series is its stable construction, with its screw and roller mechanism making it easy to install and release. Also, the construction is specially designed to ensure that the player applies an equal amount of pressure on all six strings.
It even combats the problem of frequent re-tuning. Lastly, this capo’s tension can be modified through its screw, which confirms that the capo works well on the radiused fingerboards.
What We Don’t Like About Shubb Deluxe Series GC-30 (S1)
If the Shubb Deluxe Series is used with a wrong size guitar, it can damage the guitar. Also, it is not suitable for some of 12 string instruments, as few players have reported that the tension provided is not enough to hold on to thinner strings on the lower frets.
- Stainless steel construction
- Suitable for intermediate level players and beginners
- Easy installation with screw and roller mechanism
- Modifiable tension
- Combats frequent retuning
- Damages guitar if forcefully fitted
- Unsuitable for 12 string instrument
- Not enough tension on thinner strings
5. Kyser Quick-Change Capo KG6B
- The original one-handed Quick-Change capo
- Strong, lightweight aluminum with steel spring
- Professional quality
- Parks on the guitar's headstock when not in use
- Made in USA and guaranteed for life
With simplicity as its attractiveness, Kyser Quick-Change Capo KG6B is engineered by experts and is built to last.
Kyser KG6B is designed in such a way that it can easily raise the pitch of 6-strings acoustic guitar. Easy positioning allows the guitarist to play using different keys without frequent retuning. The funky colors and unique patterns give it an attractive look along with the curves.
The popularity of Kyser KG6B is due to its design, which makes it easy to adjust with a strong grip.
What We Like About Kyser Quick-Change Capo KG6B
It’s single-handed use and no buzzing feature ensure that a guitarist can play without any interruption. Adding on to its easy playability, Kyser KG6B has smooth movability and does not require much pressure on it. Plus, it is quite affordable as well.
What We Don’t Like About Kyser Quick-Change Capo KG6B
The tension of the capo is too firm to be adjusted especially for light string instruments.
- Long lasting
- Easy to raise the pitch
- Attractive look
- Strong grip
- Smooth moving
- Non-adjustable tension
- Too firm for lighter string instruments
With various models of capo available on the market, G7th Performance 2 Guitar Capo is one that stands out with its new and slim design. Worth being called the best capo on our list.
From an attractive look to a sturdy build, comfort to controllable pressure with the right amount of tension, this capo has everything a professional player looks for. Although expensive, its Unique Tension Control System ensures excellent performance. However, you can also consider the others if it suits your needs.
More to read: