Best Wireless Microphone for 2023 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Are you looking for the best wireless microphone on the market? While there is a vast array of options available, not all models can be relied on. Looking at the frequency range, audio quality, battery life, and durability, we’ve handpicked the top 5 models for you.
Read our reviews to find out more.
|1. Sennheiser EW 135
No products found.
No products found.
|2. Shure BLX288/PG58
Buy on Amazon
|3. Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102
Buy on Amazon
|4. Innopow 80-Channel Dual UHF Wireless Microphone System
Buy on Amazon
|5. Shure SLX2/SM58
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Wireless Microphone Reviews and Comparisons
1. Sennheiser EW 135
No products found.
Having a metal housing makes Sennheiser EW 135 very sturdy in terms of build.
Some other add-ons you’ll get with this wireless microphone are illuminated graphic display (both the microphone and the receiver). Along with this, you get an auto-lock function so you don’t accidentally change mid-microphone usage settings. Also, some HDX companders ensure that this microphone emits an impressive sound.
The EW 135 G3 comes with its e835 dynamic cardioid capsule, a little mic clip in case you need it, and an EM100 receiver. The bandwidth comes in at 42 MHz— 1680 tunable UHF frequencies with minimal interference
For checking equalizer and sound, you get a special Intact Mode.
See Related Topic: Best Wireless Microphone for Karaoke
What We Like About Sennheiser EW 135
Sennheiser EW 135 has enhanced AF frequency range over traditional microphones, which adds to its audio sensitivity.
Their user-friendly menu operation lets you gain more control while operating the microphone.
Its 4 step battery indicator reflects on the display present in the receiver which lets you know when it’s time to recharge the system.
What We Don’t Like About Sennheiser EW 135
There is no carrying case included.
- User-friendly menu operation
- High audio sensitivity
- Auto-lock function
- No carrying case
2. Shure BLX288/PG58
- Power and battery status LED
- Adjustable gain control
- Quick & easy frequency matching
- 2 AA batteries (included) provide up to 14 hours of continuous use
- 300 feet (91 m) operating range (line of sight)
The receiver has a single touch Auto-Scan feature for locating and selecting the clearest frequency with which to operate. This technology uses a variable compression ratio unlike the restricted compression ratio used by traditional wirelines.
The Shure BLX 288PG58 Dual Handheld Wireless Microphone System is equipped with dual PG58 handheld vocal mics which ensure superb voice clarity for both singing and speaking purposes.
Shure provides two clips for the microphone. It also features a selection of Quick Scan frequencies that allows the automatic location of the clearest operating channel. The Shure BLX288 comes with dual mics that deliver amazing sound quality within an excellent range.
What We Like About Shure BLX288/PG58
The durable BLX288 offers simple setup, super gain controls, excellent voice quality, and microprocessor-controlled internal antennas for use with BLX Wireless Systems.
What We Don’t Like About Shure BLX288/PG58
The build quality of this microphone has a cheap feel to it. Also, its plastic casing is not highly durable.
- Auto-Scan feature
- Two clips for the microphone
- Easy to setup
- Cheap build quality and fragile plastic casing
3. Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102
- Digital 24-bit/48 kHz wireless operation for ultimate sound quality and dependable performance
- 2.4 GHz range - completely free from TV interference
- Automatic frequency selection for seamless, interference-free operation
- Extremely easy operation with instantaneous channel selection, sync, and set-up
- Includes ATW-R1100 receiver and ATW-T1002 handheld dynamic unidirectional microphone/transmitter. Includes AT8456a Quiet-Flex(TM) stand clamp.
Available in a handheld version, lavalier, or even a package that includes both, this high-quality wireless microphone system is known for its overall sound and build quality.
It operates outside of television frequencies for less disruption (at a range of 2.4 GHz). Also, it is rack-mountable if you need to do so at a venue or you can organize it with your other live gear. It can also operate at far distances (with an Ethernet cable) — 328 feet. Although the receiver itself can operate two receiver units, more receivers can always be synchronized to increase that count.
With the great brand reputation of Audio Technica and its diversity assurance, this wireless system delivers clear sound via its powerful volume controls and peak AF.
What We Like About Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102
Owing to the 24-bit operation, the audio quality is great, and the levels of diversity in frequency, time, and space help with a natural sound. The system transmitters and receivers offer a digital display that is easy to read.
What We Don’t Like About Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102
Despite having so many amazing features, the battery life of this model is not impressive. After a full recharge, it lasts not more than 4-5 hours.
- Easy to read digital display
- Can operate at far distances
- Below average battery life
4. Innopow 80-Channel Dual UHF Wireless Microphone System
- Offer 100 selectable frequencies on each channel, mic A(536.57-561.32), mic B(562.37-587.12). We update each microphone frequency from 40 to 100, which can more effectively avoid interference
- Two ways to change the frequency: Automatically scan the best way to find the best frequency for your system, for multiple system setup, you could manually set the channel number. Manual frequency pairing can easily synchronize
- Battery Life: 14-17 Hours. Working Range in wide-open area: 180-240 Ft (60-80m) line-of-sight, Extra Two XLR individual outputs, and one 1/4 Mixed output. Better to have a power amplifier if you want to get a good effect
- Metal microphone kit,unidirectional Cardioid, Vocal Sound quality is loud and clear. ideal for church, small DJ KJ stage, birthday wedding or family party, conference, classrooms, small karaoke night etc.
- What you get: Receiver,2 handheld microphones, power adapter, 1/4’’ audio cable, 2 Antenna
The Innopow 80-Channel Dual UHF Wireless Microphone System has been designed for public gatherings of all kinds like parties, conferences, and seminars. It can cover a range of 200 to 240 feet. So, if you’re an event host, you’ll be able to walk the entire hall without worrying about tangled wires.
This UHF Wireless Microphone duel uses radio frequencies to effectively communicate with the receiver. It uses the ultra-high-frequency range, and this is the most powerful signal transmission technology on the market. You will receive two wireless microphones in the package, which are operated by 4AA batteries.
Using a simple power switch, you can activate and turn off the receiver. Indicator lights let you know which band is currently in use. The actual settings are shown in the digital display.
What We Like About Innopow 80-Channel Dual UHF Wireless Microphone System
The Innopow 80 has a facility that allows more than one person to speak using the same unit at the same time. With a battery life of up to 17 hours, you don’t have to worry about charging the system every now and then.
See Related Article: Best Stereo Microphones of 2020
What We Don’t Like About Innopow 80-Channel Dual UHF Wireless Microphone System
We think the only drawback is that there is no mute switch on the microphone.
- Ideal for large gatherings with an ultra-high-frequency range
- More than one person can use the same unit to speak at the same time
- Good battery life
- No mute switch
5. Shure SLX2/SM58
- For this wireless system component to work, please make sure your transmitter and receiver match in frequency range (style)
- The SLX2/SM58 Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter works with SLX Wireless Systems. Refer user manual under technical specification for trouble shooting steps
The highlight of SLX2 is the clarity of its transmissions thanks to its ARC technology. Wireless microphones are generally operated with a fixed compression ratio. However, the SLX works with a variable compression which adds a dynamic range.
The microphone systems will scan for a suitable channel and synchronize with the receiver at the touch of a button. The frequency responses are designed for the voice and include an enhanced roll-off midrange and bass.
It utilizes a cardioid pattern that ensures that background noise does not affect the main sound.
What We Like About Shure SLX2/SM58
The microphone head features a wind and pop filter to aid in clarity and performance. Like the SM58, it has a grille made of steel mesh. It is reliable, rugged, well-built, and able to withstand some knocks being Shure. It has a mute button and an indicator of battery life. And the two AA batteries should last roughly eight hours.
What We Don’t Like About Shure SLX2/SM58
The only flaw of this microphone is that it’s bulky.
- ARC technology ensures clarity of transmission
- Enhanced roll-off midrange and bass
- Durable steel mesh grille
Shure SLX2/SM58, with its sturdy construction, crisp audio quality, and good battery life makes it our top pick and the best wireless microphone on the list.
However, we’ve mentioned other models on the list for you to choose from. So pick one that you find ideal and sing your heart out.
The Newly Launched Acekool Stand Mixers 2021 in the U.S. Acekool Stand Mixer
The Newly Launched Acekool Air Purifier 2021 in the U.S. Acekool Air Purifier D01