Best Headphones under $50 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Even though you’re looking for headphones within a budget, we know that you may feel that it’s not possible to find a good pair under $50. We’re here to change your mind.
Although Bose and Sennheiser are reliable brand names when it comes to headphones, there are cheaper options available in the market that will not disappoint you.
Related Article: Best Over-Ear Headphones under $50 for 2020
So explore our list of 5 best ones under $50 and choose the one that is suitable for you.
|1. Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Buy on Amazon
|2. Mpow H1
No products found.
No products found.
|3. Avantree Audition
Buy on Amazon
|4. AUSDOM Over-Ear Headphones
Buy on Amazon
|5. TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
No products found.
No products found.
Our Best Headphones under $50 Reviews and Comparisons
1. Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
- Advanced build quality and engineering Designed for studio tracking and mixing
- 40 millimeter drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tune for enhanced low frequency performance
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Convenient single side cable exit Magnet neodymium Designed for studio tracking and mixing
If quality and comfort are two factors that you are looking for in a well-made pair of headphones that give you high sound, you should get these. This is a great option for music professionals or studio engineers, as it is built to support the tasks of music tracking and mixing.
Featuring an advanced in construction quality and engineering, these headphones are designed for studio tracking and mixing. They have 40-millimeter drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils.
You can tune these headphones for enhanced low-frequency performance. Special circumaural design contours around the ears ensure excellent sound isolation in loud environments.
What We Like About Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Being lightweight and built for comfort, these headphones are easy to wear for long hours. Adjustable headbands make it flexible enough to fit even larger heads. With above-average sound quality and impressive design, they last a long time and provide value for money.
What We Don’t Like About Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
If you’re looking for audio controls or a microphone, then these headphones will disappoint you. Also, it does not have the best noise isolation. This means that you may not be able to enjoy your music in really loud environments.
- Built for comfort
- Adjustable headbands
- Studio tracking and mixing
- Average sound isolation
- No audio controls or microphone
2. Mpow H1
No products found.
The highlight of this product is the level of comfort that it offers to its users. Mpow is much lighter when compared to most headphones and more comfortable than other brands. The earmuffs are made of memory protein material, which gives these headphones a soft feel about them.
Featuring finely tuned neodymium driver 40mm stereo driver together with over-the-ear ear pads, which provide an immersive listening experience in natural sound. The Mpow H1 headphones give a powerful and crisp sound, making your overall listening experience incredible.
Along with this, you get extended battery capacity which provides 15-20hrs music/calling in wireless mode. You can also use the included 3.5mm audio cable to plug in and keep the music playing.
An advanced mic system with HD voice provides clarity, while controls on the earcup let you take/end calls without reaching for your device. For extra protection, it comes with a carrying case.
What We Like About Mpow H1
The best features of this product are its hands-free calling facility, allows for 15-20 hours playtime or talk time and its super-comfy enlarged ear muffs that gently touch your skin.
What We Don’t Like About Mpow H1
On the downside, these headphones have no passive noise-canceling capabilities.
- Hands-free calling
- Enlarged ear muffs for comfort
- Advanced mic system with HD voice
- No noise-canceling capabilities
3. Avantree Audition
- YOUR EARS WILL THANK YOU: Featuring AptX Hi-Fi technology, our industry leading headset allows you to experience crystal clear sound-with minimal delays. Enjoy a full range of rich bass, clear treble and even midtones blended perfectly to enhance your listening pleasure.
- LONG LASTING BATTERY: Stream away with our built in battery that lasts up to 40 hours of playtime! With our dual mode feature, you can also easily switch to a wired connection to preserve your device's battery life. Please be aware that the built-in mic anc control buttons ony work when in wireless mode.
- COMFORTABLE & CONVENIENT: Designed with you in mind, our over the ear headphones feature ultra light, super soft protein earpads & an adjustable headband suitable for all day wear.
- DUAL LINK: Avantree Audition over ear headphones allow you to connect two phones simultaneously to ensure nobody misses an important call! Connect easily using the NFC one tap feature and the next time you use your headphones, they will autoconnect to your device.
- WIRELESS TO WIRED...EASILY: Use your headphones via Bluetooth connection and enjoy log lasting playtime. To continue your listening experience and not kill the battery on your device, use the included 3.5mm cable to switch to a wired connection. To use with devices that are not Bluetooth-enabled, pair with Avantree Audikast or Priva III transmitter to connect and still enjoy a lag-free streaming experience.
We’ve mentioned this product because it gives a tough competition to many highly-priced headphones available in the market. With its high-resolution sound, these headphones produce rich bass and clear treble.
Featuring an amazing battery life, you can enjoy up to an amazing 40 hours of music playtime in wireless mode with these headphones. When the battery is low, you can use the included 3. 5mm cable to switch to a wired connection and use your phone without draining any battery at all.
In terms of providing comfort, these over-the-ear wireless headphones come with super soft ear-pads and an easily adjustable headband. This makes it an ideal choice for listening to music or watching TV for long periods of time.
What We Like About Avantree Audition
With these headphones, you can connect to two phones simultaneously and never miss a call. Use the NFC feature for easy one-tap connection. Once you’ve paired the headphones to your device, you can easily auto-connect your device later.
What We Don’t Like About Avantree Audition
Some reviews claimed that the headphones were not highly comfortable to be worn for a long period of time. The padding on these headphones could be thicker.
- 40 hours of music playtime
- Using the NFC feature, two phones can be simultaneously connected to these headphones
- Low on comfort
4. AUSDOM Over-Ear Headphones
- Comfortable and Adjustable - The over ear soundproof padded ear cushions are specifically designed for maximum comfort and noise isolation. Soft ear pads for ergonomic around-ear fit, which can reduce the pressure on the ears. Adjustable 9 choices padded headband fits for various sizes. You can wear this full size over the ear headphones all day long at ease.
- Stereo Headphones - The High-fidelity stereo sound benefits from the 40 mm audio driver, and you can enjoy gorgeous deep bass / Hi-Fi stereo sound feast. Just lose yourself in the music.
- Built-in Mic and Hands-free Call - The built-in mic allows you to pick up any calls and enjoy voice chat or communication when listening to music. Never worry about missing any phone call.
- Lightweight and Portable - The general weight of other headphones is about 10oz, our Hi-Fi headphones weight only 5.64oz, which is lighter for conveniently carrying, allowing you to take it to anywhere and enjoy all-day comfortable listening feast with this portable headphones.
- Universal Wired Headphones - The 4.25ft (1.3m) long cord allows you to connect your wired headphones with devices by a universal 3.5 mm jack. AUSDOM over-ear Headphones is compatible with smartphones, laptops, PCs, CD players, Tablets and other 3.5 mm jack Android or iOS devices.
The highlight of this product is its padded ear cushions which are designed specifically for maximum comfort and sound isolation. Soft ear pads for ergonomic fit around the ear reduce the pressure on the ears.
You also get adjustable 9 padded headband options for different sizes. You can be comfortable wearing this full size over the ear headphones throughout the day.
The high-fidelity stereo sound benefits from the 40 mm audio motor, and beautiful deep bass/hi-fi stereo sound can be enjoyed. The built-in microphone lets you pick up any calls and enjoy voice chat or contact while listening to music. ⠀
Other headphones’ overall weight is about 10 oz, but these Hi-Fi headphones weigh just 5.64 oz. This makes it easier to transport comfortably, allowing you to take it anywhere. You can enjoy a relaxed listening experience with these lightweight headphones all day long.
The 4.25 ft (1.3 m) long cord enables a universal 3.5 mm jack to connect your wired headphones to devices. AUSDOM over-ear Headphones are compatible with Android or iOS devices for smartphones, laptops, PCs, CD players and other 3.5 mm jack devices.
What We Like About AUSDOM Over-Ear Headphones
A lot of users gave positive feedback about the noise-canceling capabilities of these headphones. While commuting from home to work or during noisy flights, users were able to enjoy their music and movies in peace.
What We Don’t Like About AUSDOM Over-Ear Headphones
On the downside, there have been some issues regarding the durability of these headphones.
- Lightweight and portable
- Great noise canceling capability
- Built-in microphone
- Not highly durable
5. TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
No products found.
The highlight of this product is that it has impeccable noise-canceling properties. Finding headphones under $50 that emit good quality sound along with canceling background noise is difficult.
TaoTronics does not disappoint in this domain and we believe it is the best headphones under $50 on our list.
Featuring 40 mm large-aperture drivers, these headphones pump out deeper, cleaner and more professional hi-fi audio, all complemented by incredibly deep bass.
Discharged your headphones on the go? Plugin for 5 minutes to easily charge and obtain 2 hours of playback. Also, they offer an amazing 30 hours of full-charge playtime.
Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility for work calls or music playback brings about ease of use. These headphones can be folded and comes with a safe storage case.
What We Like About TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
On the right ear cup, you’ll find a volume rocker, power button, noise cancellation switch, and an aux port. It’s a good selection of controls, and we generally found that the buttons and switches were easy to access.
In the box, there’s a good selection of accessories. There’s the MicroUSB charging cable and an aux cable, but perhaps more important is the clamshell case. It’s a nice case, with a little compartment for things like cables, and it’ll clearly keep your headphones safe and sound.
What We Don’t Like About TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
On the left ear cup, you’ll find a Micro USB charging cable, which is disappointing to see. It’s high time for companies to adopt USB-C.
- Impeccable noise-canceling properties
- 30 hours of full-charge playtime
- Easy to access controls
Our personal favorite on this list is TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones because it offers great value for the buck. Along with focused sound that has 100% noise cancellation, these headphones are also sumptuous and soft which allows for long hours of use.
Not only does it charge rapidly but it also permits effortless Bluetooth connectivity.
But if you’re not in favor of this model, we’ve given you ample options to choose from. So pick the ideal one for you and move in rhythm!
More to read: