Best Speaker Stands For 2022 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Are you an audiophile who loves to watch movies and listen to music in surround sound? If yes, then we’re sure you already have an amazing home theatre system in place by now. But placing your speakers strategically and on sturdy stands is equally important in the optimum distribution of sound.
To make your hunt for an ideal stand easier, we’ve done our research and picked 5 best speaker stands that you can rely on. If durability, height adjustability and easy installation are important factors for you while choosing a stand, then dive into our list right now.
|1. Sanus HTBS Adjustable Height Speaker Stand
Buy on Amazon
|2. PERLESMITH PSSS1 Speaker Stands
Buy on Amazon
|3. Bose UFS-20 Series II Universal Floor Stands
Buy on Amazon
|4. Pyle PSTND2 Universal Speaker Stand
Buy on Amazon
|5. VIVO SP02B Floor Speaker Stands
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Speaker Stands For 2020 Reviews and Comparisons
1. Sanus HTBS Adjustable Height Speaker Stand
- Built from heavy-gauge steel for superior performance and a wide stable base to deliver a high-quality audio experience, the SANUS height-adjustable pair of speaker stands are the ideal addition to your home theater setup.
- To ensure a perfectly customizable sound, the extendable tube is adjustable from 28" to 38". The easy-to-use collar makes height changes a breeze without the need for additional tools. For a clean look, the SANUS HTBS surround sound speaker stand features a concealed wire path, this built-in cable management channel helps keep your speaker wire out of the way.
- Truly universal, this pair of speaker stand is engineered to hold small satellite and bookshelf speakers up to 3.5lbs. Compatible with Bose, Harmon Kardon, JBL, Sony, Samsung speakers, and more. The set features three mounting configurations including L-shaped brackets, top plate, and keyhole adapter to maximize compatibility with your speakers.
- The installation is easy as 1,2,3, these rear speaker stands are shipped with all the required hardware including carpet spikes, pads & screws.
- Experience the Sanus difference. The SANUS adjustable height speaker stand comes with a 5-year warranty, and top-notch Minnesota based customer service. Our experts are ready to chat 7 days a week if you have questions or run into a snag.
Sanus HTBS comes in a sleek and very slim design that makes it fit in even awkward places like behind a TV stand. It is the perfect choice if you’re looking for small stands that are ideal for bookshelves and satellite speakers.
Having an adjustable height of 28″ to 38″, this stand offers you three ways to mount your speakers. Besides, the Sanus HTBS body is made of heavy-duty gauge steel which means that it will last many years as compared to its wooden counterparts and the steel is able to absorb unwanted noise and vibration resulting in clear audio.
Additionally, thanks to its adjustable height, it is compatible with most speakers, making it easy for you to combine it with brands such as Sony, Polk, and others. Sanus HTBS comes with either rubber feet or spikes for improved stability on hard floor and carpet floor.
This stand has an integrated wire management system that gives that clean and attractive look by keeping all cables neatly wrapped, without much effort.
What We Like About Sanus HTBS Adjustable Height Speaker Stand
Sanus HTBS is an outstanding set of speaker stands on the market which comes in a simple yet long-lasting design. It gives you the option to customize the height to ensure the best sound output while at the same time being aesthetic.
What We Don’t Like About Sanus HTBS Adjustable Height Speaker Stand
The base appears somewhat small which, if knocked, makes the stand wobble. Also, the screw holes are small and make the speaker a little challenging to mount.
- Sleek and slim design
- Made of heavy duty gauge steel
- Adjustable height and an integrated wire management system
- Small base- can be unsteady
- Small screw holes
2. PERLESMITH PSSS1 Speaker Stands
- ADJUSTABLE SPEAKER STANDS FOR CUSTOMIZED SOUND: Extendable tube is adjustable from 30" to 44" to ensure perfect and customized sound. Adjust the post assembly for desired height and enjoy stereo or surround sound.
- STURDY TRIANGLE BASE: Heavy duty cast iron construction with triangle base provides more stability, supports speakers up to 8lbs/3.6kg per stand. Two options for the base feet to prevent your speaker stands from sliding, for carpet please attach the nails and nuts. As for wooden, cement or tiled floor please attach rubber pads to the base feet.
- UPGRADED CABLE MANAGEMENT: Concealed wire path provides the ultimate wire management solution. We have upgraded the tube to wider diameter and divided the tubes into three parts, so cable can through the pipe easier. Note: The cable hole not fits for model Samsung HW-Q90R.
- THREE MOUNTING CONFIGURATIONS: Includes L-shaped, keyhole and top plate options to fit a wide range of speakers. L-shaped for vertical hole/key hole, adapter bar for horizontal holes, and top plate for 2 holes on the bottom of the speaker.
- EASY TO USE: These floor satellite speaker stands include all the required hardware so you can handle it without any hassle by yourself. Very stable, easy to install, can be free to move to your living room, bedroom and study room.
Stable and easy to mount, this stand comes with all the accessories and hardware needed to make its installation a piece of cake. With multiple mounting positions available, this stand can be used with a number of speakers that require different configurations.
By manipulating the extendable tube, the desired sound and height can be achieved. It offers a height range from 30″ to 45″ which allows you to enjoy the surround or stereo sound you want.
PERLESMITH PSS1 comes with a sturdy triangular-shaped base made of heavy-duty cast iron making it stable than any other. With this build, the stand can support speakers weighing up to 8lbs on each side.
To avoid sliding in cemented/tiled and wooden floors, you can attach the rubber pads provided. The nuts provided are helpful for carpeted surfaces.
PERLESMITH PSSS1 has upgraded its wire management mechanism by extending the stand column’s diameter to fit as many cables as possible. This is useful for those who don’t like to see speaker wires and also as a safety precaution to avoid tripping over.
See Related Topic: Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers of 2020
What We Like About PERLESMITH PSSS1 Speaker Stands
PERLESMITH PSSS1 offers three different mounting configurations allowing you to fit quite a variety of speakers. These are a set of very stable speaker stands, easy to set up and the good thing is that without much trouble you can move it from one place to the next. Along with this, it comes equipped with everything you need to install them.
What We Don’t Like About PERLESMITH PSSS1 Speaker Stands
Few flaws of these speakers include its compatibility issue with some speakers. Also, it has a low weight capacity.
- Easy to mount
- Triangular shape makes it highly stable
- Wire management mechanism to fit cables
- Cannot hold a lot of weight
- Not compatible with certain speakers
3. Bose UFS-20 Series II Universal Floor Stands
- Floor stands for Bose cube speakers
- Pair of stands
- Compatibility: All Bose 2 speaker and 5 speaker home entertainment systems (excluding the Lifestyle 650 system). Cine Mate 520 home theater system; Sound Touch Stereo JC Series II WiFi music system and Cine Mate Series II digital home theater speaker systems
The UFS-20 Series floor stands are reasonably priced and available in black and white finish. The stylish design makes the conventional cube speakers look more impressive.
This is a good solution for both 2.1 and 5.1 home entertainment systems but only for Bose speakers. In terms of height, these stands measure 38″. An impressive feature of the design is a hidden wire channel with an opening to keep the wire clutter to a minimum.
These stands are compatible with all Lifestyle systems; CineMate 520 home theater system; Sound Touch Stereo JC Series II Wi-Fi music system and CineMate Series II digital home theater speaker systems.
What We Like About Bose UFS-20 Series II Universal Floor Stands
If your system is Bose, you will find it hard to find a better solution for lifting your speakers and improving the sound distribution around the room. Sturdy construction, sleek design, optimum height at a reasonable price makes this product highly liked.
What We Don’t Like About Bose UFS-20 Series II Universal Floor Stands
The only drawback of these stands is that they are not adjustable.
- Hidden wire channel to minimize wire clutter
- Sturdy construction
- Ideal for 2.1 and 5.1 Bose home entertainment systems
- Not adjustable
4. Pyle PSTND2 Universal Speaker Stand
- Easy Height Adjustment: It features a telescoping center column that is adjustable ranging from 40’’ to 71’’ inch high secured it with the sturdy pin and screw locks; The rugged and durable metal construction tubing for safe and long term use
- Tripod Leg Design: Center brace connects tripod legs for increased stability; The tripod speaker stands collapse easily to fit inside the bag for easy transportation It can hold speakers of up to 132 pound firmly and steadily for better sound effect
- 35 millimeter Compatible Insert: The 6' ft speaker stand holder mount works with all speakers with 35 millimeter compatible insert; An ideal heavy duty audio stand for loud music, pa speakers, studio monitor and more
- Tension Locking Mechanism: Built with knob style tension locking mechanism that hold the maximum weight of a speaker attached to the stand; It also supports the height of the speaker stand and prevent it from collapsing
- Non Slip Feet: Pyle features Universal floor standing speaker stand as well as non slip rubber feet; The equal length distribution makes the base extremely stable and safe perfect for on stage or in studio use
At a height of 6 ft., this speaker stand can support speakers weighing about 132lbs, and its height is adjustable from 40″ to 71″ to give you the range of sound you want.
With a 35 mm compatible insert on the holder mount, the speaker stand is reinforced to support compatible heavy-duty loud music and public address speakers, as well as a studio monitor. In addition, it is designed with a knob-style tension locking system that helps support the weight of the attached speaker and prevents the speaker stands from collapsing.
What We Like About Pyle PSTND2 Universal Speaker Stand
The tripod design allows the speaker to stand to be easily transported, as it can be easily folded when traveling for an outdoor event. The stand feet feature an anti-slip rubber and the stands on the leg are of the same length to boost the speaker stand’s stability.
What We Don’t Like About Pyle PSTND2 Universal Speaker Stand
Its knob tension locking system is made of plastic and is not highly durable.
- Can support heavy speakers
- Easily transported
- Anti-slip rubber on the feet
- Knob tension locking system made of plastic
5. VIVO SP02B Floor Speaker Stands
- Compatibility - Universal surround sound speaker stand system for satellite speakers, bookshelf speakers, and more
- Dimensions - Floor to top shelf measures 23”. Top shelf measures 8” x 8”, and the base measures 10” x 10”
- Appearance - Premium aluminum and glass speaker stands (2 stands included) in sleek glossy black appearance
- 2 Foundation Options - Carpet spikes and rubber feet are provided to accommodate different floor types. Both options give a sturdy, reliable foundation that increases stability and protects your floor from scratches
- Cable Management - Integrated internally for keeping potentially messy cords clean and organized
Being the ideal companion to your bookshelf speakers and surround sound speakers, VIVO SP02B will level up your audio listening experience.
VIVO provides you a wrench and nuts necessary to assemble this stand and make it ready for use. Capable of working in harmony with most speaker systems, this speaker has a height of 26” which is a standard height.
The top shelf and base are wide enough to accommodate most speakers, especially Altec and Polk Audio bookshelf speakers.
What We Like About VIVO SP02B Floor Speaker Stands
Having a modern and sleek appearance, these stands are made of aluminum and tempered glass. They come with spikes that help to form a grip on carpeted floors. You can also remove these spikes if your floor is tiled or marbled.
What We Don’t Like About VIVO SP02B Floor Speaker Stands
The spikes aren’t sharp enough to be effective on thick carpets. Some users found this stand too short.
- Ideal for bookshelf speakers
- Easy to assemble
- Removable spikes for grip
- Too short
- Spikes ineffective on thick carpets
Pyle PSTND2 Universal Speaker Stand is the best speaker stand on this list according to us. It’s portable, can support heavy speakers, and does not topple, thanks to its rubber feet. We think this stand will satisfy the needs of most users.
However, we’ve also mentioned other options and you’re free to choose any model that you find ideal.
More to read: