Top 5 Receiver for Turntables 2021
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Individuals with a serious ear for music understand that contemporary music devices are not sufficient to provide your ear with the highest quality music. The turntable, using its grooves and undulations can produce premium-level sound waves recorded through a music source for your optimal experience. Turntables help you in interlinking present-day digitized music outlets with the huge analog world of vinyl records.
The receiver for the turntable plays an essential role, as it helps you to connect CD players, televisions, and record players to the device in a seamless manner. However, with different types of ports being available, making a current choice for you can be difficult. Modern-day turntables bring you minimalistic aesthetic tones in their design with feature-rich sound amplifying aspects that vinyl consumers seek. On the other hand, excessive emphasis upon minimalism aesthetic can lead towards a much more limited number of receiver ports being available to you.
Multiple features are provided to you through the present selection of receivers that includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, being able to support multiple devices, remote control access, and more. However, all of these features come to you at varying price points with different combinations being present. So, let’s check out the 5 best receivers for turntables 2021.
Best Receiver for Turntable- Comparison Table
|1. Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver
[amazon fields=”B07C49F2LD” value=”thumb”]
[amazon fields=”B07C49F2LD” value=”button”]
|2. Sony STRDH190 2-ch
[amazon fields=”B07YNPCG9X” value=”thumb”]
[amazon fields=”B07YNPCG9X” value=”button”]
|3. Yamaha R-S202BL Stereo Receiver
[amazon fields=”B01LZD3VS2″ value=”thumb”]
[amazon fields=”B01LZD3VS2″ value=”button”]
|4. Sherwood RX4508
[amazon fields=”B00OZ5852Q” value=”thumb”]
[amazon fields=”B00OZ5852Q” value=”button”]
|5. Onkyo TX-NR676
[amazon fields=”B06XTYXH9M” value=”thumb”]
[amazon fields=”B06XTYXH9M” value=”button”]
Best Receiver for Turntable – Reviews and Comparisons
The Denon AVR-S540BT receiver provides a unique combination of surround sound and room calibration technology to provide high-resolution audio and brings you a cinema-like experience at home.
- It brings you a 5.2 channel stereo receiver that possesses 140W/channel, as this enables 4K Ultra HD picture quality and multi-dimensional sound effects.
- You get AVR with your smart TV remote, which enables room calibration for different measurements of different rooms and dynamically optimizes the speakers.
- Through HLG, HDR10, a multi-room audio system with Denon HEOS LINK brings you high-quality audio when listening to the turntable.
What We Like About Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver
The notable part of Denon AVR is that the sound is booming and enables you access to differentiate between various types of chords being played through it. In addition, this Denon AVR series is an AV receiver that highlights the feature of family sound which makes it an exceptional piece of equipment for your turntable.
What We Don’t Like About Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver
In this particular item, support from the manufacturing end is minimum that can be problematic for beginners who are trying to set up their turntable.
|Production of precise and bright sounds
Enabling AVR receivers feature
Provide high-resolution audio
|Lacks support from the manufacturing end|
The Sony STRDH190 2-CH is a simple design inbuilt preamplifier with multiple phono input ports present that enables you to connect upwards of four speakers to it.
- It comes with four stereos RCA audio inputs, 3.5 mm input along with phono inputs as well.
- It has an excellent FM tuner and can provide above 30 different types of stations onto it.
- It has a full-size one and 1/2 inch headphone jack and a remote (RMT-AA400U) is also included.
- It offers a Bluetooth facility that enables the receiver to connect to multiple audio devices simultaneously.
- It has an A/B split zone present within it that enables access to any primary device.
What We Like About Sony STRDH190 2-ch
Sony STRDH190 2-ch helps you instantly connect with multiple different types of turntables quickly through phono input. However, the noticeable feature of this receiver is its excellent selection of ports and AV speed zones that facilitate you to connect multiple turntables. An adequate margin of inbuilt ventilation is also provided that prevents overheating to take place. It helps in increasing the longevity of the device. Lastly, it is compact and comes with an excellent price point.
What We Don’t Like About Sony STRDH190 2-ch
It lacks appropriate and dedicated subwoofer support, which means it does not provide you with the extra surround sound that is usually preferred by many users. In addition, it lacks a lot of features that are present in other receivers listed here.
|Directly connects with a turntable when visible
Provides a compact form factor that cancels every large AV cabinetComes with a great price pointInbuilt ventilation system gives an ample amount of space for heat escape
|Does not include an independent subwoofer support
Lacks some crucial features
The minimum 100-watt output on every channel in Yamaha R-S202BL provides an excellent mix between sound, quality, and modern technological features such as Bluetooth, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi.
- It comes with coaxial and optical inputs for your television with a response time of ± 0.5dB / 0 ± 3.0dB.
- Along with the Bluetooth feature, this receiver also comes with 40 stations presets that enable you to enjoy FM/AM anytime.
- It is extremely affordable and provides you excellent value in terms of creating a good soundstage.
- It provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, owing to which it gives you high flexibility.
- The R-N303BL also provides you with a minimum RMS Output Power: 100W plus 100W. This means this device is optimized to deliver more power at minimum interference.
What We Like About Yamaha R-S202BL Stereo Receiver
Packed with 125 years of musical heritage and some modern features, the Yamaha R-S202BL is easy to use and is accessible to a wide range of age groups. The highlight of this receiver is a high S/N ratio and achieving peak power supply. While the power transformer is positioned near the amp circuit for the power supply, the signal ground and power ground connect at one point. It’s here that this receiver achieves a high S/N ratio. It can establish connectivity with multiple different types of devices. Besides, for your turntables, its phono input terminals are present along with voice control commands.
What We Don’t Like About Yamaha R-S202BL Stereo Receiver
On the downside, it does not come with an instruction manual. So, you can get confused if you have not worked with a receiver and a turntable before.
|Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity enabled
Comes with 40 stations presets
Reproduces high-quality sound
Affordable; value for the buck
Has the ability to connect with multiple devices
|Doesn’t include an instruction manual out-of-the-box|
Sherwood RX4508 is a Bluetooth-enabled 3 audio imports and 2 audio output multiple audio source connectivity with 200W AM/FM stereo receiver.
- It provides you with a high-powered amplifier technology with a discrete amplifier stage (DAS).
- Sherwood RX4508 includes 2 Channel: 100W + 100W (Analog Discrete 2chPower Output) with Bluetooth 3.0 version.
- Its Quartz PLL Synthesized Digital Tuning enables appropriate reproduction of sound.
- Other features include a fluorescent display, digital encoder volume control, system illumination control, and sleep timer.
What We Like About Sherwood RX4508
The most outstanding aspect of Sherwood RX4508 is its quick Bluetooth feature. With this feature, this receiver can amplify the volume exponentially high, resulting in loud, clear sounds. Besides, the phono is a preamp and can connect with many turntables. Lastly, this receiver also includes aptX audio codec support, v3.0 (A2DP, AVRCP/aptX), CSR8645 (MD-8ARS), and audio streaming.
What We Don’t Like About Sherwood RX4508
The limitations affecting Sherwood RX4508’s users are the lack of HDMI ports, so connecting with TV or PC becomes an issue. Besides, its customer support is also limited.
|Bluetooth-enabled 3 audio imports and 2 audio output
Produces high powered amplifier sounds and volume
Includes aptX audio codec support
Includes fluorescent display, digital encoder volume control, system illumination control, and sleep timer
|No HDMI ports
Customer support is limited and weak
This Onkyo TX-NR676 receiver has high fidelity and provides you with wide amplifier technology at the most highly affordable price point.
- Onkyo TX-NR676 provides you with 210 W/Ch (6 Ohms), 100 W/Ch (8 Ohms) with 20 Hz-20 kHz, 8 Ohms technology through 2 Channels.
- It has a power output of 90 W +90 W (1 Channel Driven, 1 kHz, 10% THD) that gives you to produce high decibels sounds.
- It’s compatible with 5.2.2-Channel Dolby Atmos and has Chromecast built-in for your Amazon Music, TuneIn, iPhone, Spotify, and Pandora.
- It gives you several phono and audio ports, which make it extremely compatible with several turntables.
What We Like About Onkyo TX-NR676
The biggest USP of the item is that it possesses the lowest price in the receivers segment for you. However, its dynamic audio amplification features make it stand out among other receivers. Onkyo TX-NR676 can amplify noise-free signal processing with high current power for speaker control. It delivers massive power at 210 W/Ch. It also has Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to congregate the audio signal to its original form after the processing. Lastly, it provides you with an easy setup system and fewer dials for much quicker control.
What We Don’t Like About Onkyo TX-NR676
On the contrary, it does not provide you with basic level full Bluetooth support, which is extremely essential, as every other smart device possesses it.
|Has dynamic audio amplification
Several phono and audio ports are available in it
Has Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC)
The extremely easy setup process
|Does not come with Bluetooth connectivity support|
If you are an audio connoisseur, you understand that turntables are demanding pieces of equipment. Possessing knowledge about the best receivers for turntables can facilitate you to choose a device quickly. However, if we have to recommend it, then Denon AVR-S540BT is the best receiver for turntables. It’s great in its class, looks, and provides you with impeccable performance for a great price with multiple features that are unbeatable.
Nevertheless, you can also go for other receivers if it meets your expectation.
More to read: