Best Desktop Speakers Under $100 that You Must Check Out
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Not everyone likes those tight headphones clinging to your ears. At times, having a pair of speakers can literally enhance your experience on the PC. Whether you’re watching movies, playing games, or just listening to music on your desktop, a pair of quality speakers can surely turn around your experience. If you’re wondering that you can connect your regular Bluetooth speakers to your desktop, then yes, you can surely do it. But opting for a pair of desktop speakers would surely make a difference in your listening experience.
Designed specifically to cater to the audio quality of desktops, these speakers aren’t much technically different but most of them draw power from the PC rather than from batteries. Most desktop speakers vary in size, quality, and audio power. The latest models even come with Bluetooth connectivity, wireless features, and more.
However, it’s not necessary to spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of desktop speakers. You can always get decent-quality desktop speakers with appealing features at really affordable prices. If it’s difficult for you to choose one, then you need not worry, as we have got you covered. Here’s the list of the 5 best desktops speakers under $100, which are not just exceptionally built but also affordable.
So, let’s dig in to explore each of these 5 desktop speakers.
Best Desktops Speakers Under $100 – Comparison Table
|1. Bose Companion 2 Series III
Buy on Amazon
|2. Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II
Buy on Amazon
|3. Creative Pebble
Buy on Amazon
|4. Edifier R1280T
Buy on Amazon
|5.Logitech Z337 Speaker System
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Desktop Speakers Under $100- Reviews and Comparisons
Upgrade your sound experience with Companion 2 Series III by Bose, whose exceptional engineering will make you hear every detail with just two speakers.
- This pair of affordable desktop speakers have unique digital signal processing, which produces consistent clear audio at any volume.
- With such an audio quality, you can easily enjoy your favorite music, video, or game without any hassle.
- Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers are spacious and lifelike, which is due to the TrueSpace stereo digital processing circuitry.
- This feature allows you to feel the audio and you’ll observe a deeper low-end performance and more detailed sound, which is due to the speaker’s ported cabinet design.
- Lastly, setting this pair of speakers is super easy; as you have everything, you need inside the box.
What We Like About Bose Companion 2 Series III
The most notable aspect of this pair of speakers is its well-balanced sound. It has clear treble and nice bass sounds, which is not a common thing in entry-level speakers. So, whatever volume you set the speaker in, it’s going to sound perfectly loud and clear. Besides, another fascinating aspect is that this pair of speakers don’t make any hissing or static sound even when there’s no music playing. And the minute you set the music, the speaker is back to sounding clear. Above all, it comes with a headphone jack and an auxiliary input that allows you to connect it to your phones, and iPods too.
What We Don’t Like About Bose Companion 2 Series III
Despite all the great features, there’s only one small drawback. You might hear minimal distortion when the volume is too high.
|Has unique digital signal processing
TrueSpace stereo digital processing circuitry
Easy to install
Includes headphone jack and an auxiliary input
|Hear minimal distortion when the volume is too high|
The award-winning desktop speakers GigaWorks T20 Series II takes sound to a new level that gives audio enjoyment you might not have enjoyed.
- Perfectly suited for those who want a simple stereo for listening to music or use it for regular audio function.
- This two-way speaker design is built using BasXPort technology and as per this feature, the speaker doesn’t need an actual subwoofer.
- It’s known to offer its users a complete range of audio, which has rich extended bass.
- Lastly, its stunning aesthetics and design are equally impressive as its price.
What We Like About Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II
There are a few notable improvisations in this model of GigaWorks T20 Series II. Well, it has changed in the acoustic construction and the maximum part of the cabinet is empty to allow the bass frequencies to resonate for great audio. Overall, its design makes it stand out among the other computer speakers. The control switches are housed on the front side of the right speaker. Besides, you’ll also get an extra pair of controlling bass and treble levels.
What We Don’t Like About Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II
On the downside, the GigaWorks T20 Series II has a slightly unnatural bass response. Also, it has external power brick.
|Suited for a regular audio experience
Uses BasXPort technology
Has rich extended bass
Better acoustic construction
|Unnatural bass response
Has external brick power
Creative Pebble Modern 2.0 USB Desktop Speakers are inspired by the zen Japanese rock garden. The orb-shaped Creative Pebble is a smooth and exquisite 2.0 speaker framework that looks amazing in any home and office.
- The Creative Pebble guides sound to your ears, setting you in the sweet spot for extraordinary sound pleasure.
- It includes a 45° raised sound stage for improved sound projection that is fueled by a single USB link for hassle-free music amusement.
- Measuring at only 4.4 inches wide each, the Creative Pebble can be conveniently placed next to your PC monitor without compromising on valuable desk space. So, no desk space; no problem!
- You can also instantly control your volume with Pebble’s convenient front-panel control knob, offering you convenience within reach.
What We Like About Creative Pebble
The best part about Creative Pebble is that it is extremely affordable, which is one of the cheapest in its range. It’s also excellent when it comes to sound quality. It offers a rich, balanced sound with mids, highs, and deep with controlled bass. Besides, it’s small but mighty with its inherent aloof radiators and a noteworthy consolidated RMS of 4.4W, the little Creative Pebble can convey offset sound with profundity, vividness, and completely clear subtleties. Just associate your gadget employing the 3.5mm information and prepare to be blown away.
What We Don’t Like About Creative Pebble
Its only drawback is that it doesn’t come with Bluetooth connectivity, which restricts it to connect to a lot of Bluetooth devices.
|Has inherent aloof radiators
Rich, balanced sound with mids, highs, and deep with controlled bass
|No Bluetooth connectivity for mobile devices|
If you’re looking for affordable and versatile bookshelf speakers with uncompromising sound, the R1280T bookshelf speakers are your go-to 2.0 speaker system.
- The R1280 T-powered bookshelf speakers have a modern look with quality audio sound.
- With a 4-inch bass driver and a calibrated, flared bass reflex port, this bookshelf speaker system delivers robust, rich bass notes.
- Each speaker features a 4-inch full-range driver and a 13mm silk dome tweeter. The result is that Edifier R1280T can deliver top-class audio in an extremely wide range of frequencies.
- Speaking of frequencies, Edifier R1280T can play sounds in the range between 75 Hz – 18 kHz.
- There’s a remote control included in the package, which you can use to turn the volume up or down. If you want to adjust bass and/or treble, you will have to do it using the controls on the side of the left side of the main speaker.
What We Like About Edifier R1280T
Edifier R1280T delivers high-end performances and includes some impeccable features. The speakers are compatible with a variety of different devices. Its real charm lies in the fact that they look both retro and modern at the same time. Besides, MDF is a type of engineered wood that’s commonly used for the enclosures of speakers because it helps with curbing down distortions. And in the case of Edifier R1280T, it also makes the speakers look lovely.
What We Don’t Like About Edifier R1280T
It provides a very small range of connectivity options, which is restrictive and the controls for sound shaping are very small.
Compatible with a variety of different devices
|Lack of connectivity options
Little sound-shaping controls
Z337 Bold Sound with Bluetooth is a 2.1 speaker system that allows you to stream audio wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled computer using its 80 watts of peak power.
- These Bluetooth wireless speakers fill the room with rich, clear sound and strong bass. Stream audio wirelessly from any Bluetooth device by connecting your computer, smartphone, or tablet via the pairing button conveniently located on the control pod.
- For a wired connection, you can use 3.5mm or RCA inputs.
- You also get 80 Watts Peak/40 Watts RMS power that delivers maximum loudness via two satellite speakers and a large subwoofer.
- Lastly, you can easily access Bluetooth pairing, power, volume, and the headphone jack from the wired control pod. Just adjust the bass level with the dedicated control knob on the back of the subwoofer.
What We Like About Logitech Z337 Speaker System
Logitech Z337 Speaker System allows you to connect with any Bluetooth device with a very easy setup procedure. Operating the speaker is an easy deal, which makes it comfortable for the user. The speaker also provides a very strong bass, as you can adjust the bass settings. So if you are in love with bass, this pair of speakers make your experience great. Besides, it also comes with a subwoofer for thumping bass and with such impeccable bass, the speaker shines producing sounds from multiple sources all at once.
What We Don’t Like About Logitech Z337 Speaker System
What’s disappointing is that the mid sound is muddy, which allows the user to either listen to music at high volume or very low volume. It also has a lot of cords, which are not detachable and difficult to handle.
|Bluetooth enabled computer speaker
Easy to use
Stunning bass quality
Maximum loudness via two satellite speakers and a large subwoofer
|Mid sound is muddy
Has a lot of cords
Desktop speakers can surely transform your computer experience, especially if you’re streaming videos or playing games. And now that you know about these best desktop speakers, we hope you can pick your favorite right away. However, if you want, we can also suggest the top-notch one. Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers are the best desktop speakers under $100 that give an impeccable performance at such an affordable price.
Nevertheless, you can also go for other speakers if they fit your expectations and needs.
More to read: