Best 6.5’’ Speakers with Incredible Sound Clarity 2021
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Audiophiles understand how often the old speakers lack good bass and sound clarity. And if you’re still using the old and terrible factory speakers in your car or outdoors, then you need to step up and install high-quality speakers for a better sound performance. These new speakers will take your audio game to the next level enhancing your overall listening experience. Commonly purchased best 6.5’’ speakers are categorized into 2 types- component and coaxial.
While the Component 6.5’’ speakers are often referred to as the complete sound system, the coaxial ones are slightly more complex than the former type. However, both types of speakers are great, as they deliver a great range of frequency and crystal-clear sounds. Basically, these form the complete audio system for your vehicle and outdoors.
Besides, modern cars and other vehicles come with full provision of entertainment, and with these impeccable 6.5’’ speakers, you can surely enjoy your favorite music and movies wherever you are – in a car or outdoors. So, if you’re in a dilemma of which speaker to choose, don’t worry, as we’re here to help you out with our compilation of the 5 best 6.5’’ speakers.
Let’s delve further to understand each product in detail so that you can pick the right model for yourself.
Best 6.5 Speakers – Comparison Table :
|1.OSD Audio 70V Commercial Patio Pro 6.5″ Speaker
Buy on Amazon
|2. Pioneer TS-A1680F 6.5″ Speaker
Buy on Amazon
|3. Kicker DSC650 DS Series 6.5″ Speaker
Buy on Amazon
|4. New Rockford Fosgate R165X3 6.5″ Speaker
Buy on Amazon
|5. JBL GTO609C Premium 6.5’’ Component Speaker
Buy on Amazon
Our Best 6.5 Speakers- Reviews and Comparisons:
Designed by OSD, this 6.5’’ commercial patio speaker is ideal for large areas that require a high-end sound system for thorough coverage. It is also suitable for cars, as it delivers performance as per your needs.
- One of the most primary features of this speaker is its weather-resistant attribute. This makes it perfect for indoors as well as outdoors.
- It is also dust and waterproof, which is identifiable through its powder coating rust-resistant grille.
- OSD Commercial Patio 6.5’’ speakers are easily daisy-chained for long-distance runs. Moreover, it can be set up on a patio with 32, 16, 8, and 4-watt taps.
- Further, it has a solid construction and is available in black and white finish.
- The frequency response of this all-in-one weatherproof speaker is quite wide, ranging from 37Hz to 20KHz.
- Built to deliver great bass response, this speaker is a high-end sound system that can cover quite a large area.
- Along with its high-end component, the speaker offers an output power of up to 150 watts, which is quite good enough for outdoor usage.
What We Like About OSD Audio
OSD Audio 70V Commercial Patio Pro 6.5″ Speaker is suitable for both outdoors and indoors and is constructed keeping this aspect in mind. So, the circuitry and internal components are thoroughly sealed and duly protected. Further, we also liked the flexible mounting brackets, which enables 180-degree swivel rotation and about 60 degrees tilt. Hence, you can mount it both horizontally as well as vertically.
Moreover, this 6.5’’ patio speaker offers clean high current so that you get clear high and low sounds at all volumes. On the whole, if you want a speaker with outstanding bass and clarity, then OSD Audio 70V Commercial Patio Pro 6.5″ Speaker is just the right product to invest in.
What We Don’t Like About OSD Audio
OSD Patio Commercial speakers have a few shortcomings as reported by its users. One of them is its grille that is prone to rust. Besides, the one-year warranty on this product isn’t sufficient as compared to the other similar products.
Suitable for both outdoors and indoors
Output power up to 150 watt
Easily daisy-chained for long-distance runs
|Grille prone to rust
Only 1-year warranty
Manufactured by the world’s leading audio equipment brand Pioneer, the TS-A1680F 6.5″ Speaker delivers high-quality sounds and is available at a reasonable price.
- This 4-way coaxial speaker has an output power-handling peak of 350 watts per pair, while the RMS stands around 80 watts per pair.
- Its sound design matches the full-range loudspeakers and subwoofers so that you get seamless and smooth sound traits. Along with this, it is capable of delivering energetic and high impact bass, which allows you to hear as well as feel the music.
- With an RMS power of 40 watts per speaker and a Peak power of 175 watts per speaker, Pioneer TS-A1680F is undoubtedly a high-performance product that has the ability of powerful sound production.
- This 6.5’’ speaker also includes 6-1/2″ multi-fit installation adapters, which magnifies flexibility and helps in enhancing the acoustic performance.
- Above all, its soundstage is outstanding and it can perform really great even with a weak stock stereo.
What We Like About Pioneer TS-A1680F
The standout attribute of Pioneer TS-A1680F 6.5’’ speakers is its Open and Smooth Sound technology. This technology enables a smooth and seamless transition of sounds between the midrange and high-frequency drivers resulting in a uniform sound response. The other unique feature of the Pioneer TS-A1680F speaker is the mica and carbon instilled Injection Molded Polypropylene Cone. This reinforced carbon and mico IMPP cone help to deliver powerful bass.
Besides, there is another aspect that acts as an advantage to all users – the CarSoundFit App by Pioneer. A car sound simulator, the CarSoundFit app, can be connected to the Pioneer TS-A1680F speakers and you can control it via your smartphone.
What We Don’t Like About Pioneer TS-A1680F
There are a set of limitations with this speaker. While the bass is decent enough, users have reported that it isn’t booming. Moreover, when the speaker is played at high volume, there is some distortion in the sounds as well.
|Output power 350 watts per pair
Open and Smooth sound technology
6-1/2″ multi-fit installation adapters
Mica and carbon instilled Injection Molded Polypropylene Cone
|Bass lacks boom but decent
Sound distortion at high volume
The brand Kicker is known for crafting quite decent, cost-effective speakers. The model DSC650 DS Series 6.5″ is one of its best-designed pair of 2-way coaxial speakers, which is available at a surprisingly inexpensive price.
- Kicker DSC650 DS Series 6.5″ Speaker, manufactured with great expertise, is a powerful loudspeaker with an output power of 240 watts.
- With a great driven bass response, this 2-way coaxial 6.5’’ speaker produces rich and resonant bass alongside distinct and crisp treble. This reveals its capability as a solid sound system.
- Mounting this speaker isn’t a complicated task, as it comes with the necessary splice connectors that ensure optimum low-end handling.
- The components used to craft this speaker are of superior quality and it’s even capable of achieving clearer high-end frequencies.
- Given its appealing price tag, Kicker DSC650 surpasses expectations in terms of performance as an excellent car speaker.
What We Like About Kicker DSC650
Built with several features, Kicker DSC650 has some standout attributes as well. The stiff polypropylene cones and ribbed UV-treated foam around the drivers are responsible for the power-packed sounds that most of you look for in your car audio system.
Another unique aspect of this speaker is its ability to fit in any car or vehicle easily. However, of all traits, the high-sensitivity DS motor is the best one, as this helps in producing an increased volume when played. Also, the zero protrusion PEI dome tweeters allow you to play clearer and crisper music without getting affected by factory grilles and window motors. Therefore, with a wide range of sounds and impeccable volume, this affordable 6.5’’ speaker can truly offer great value for money.
What We Don’t Like About Kicker DSC650
While the price tag is a benefit factor for this speaker, the bass quality needs improvement, as it isn’t throbbing enough. You can add an external amp to enhance the bass sounds of the speaker.
|The output power of 240 watts
Necessary splice connectors for easy mounting
Perfectly fits in all cars and vehicle
|Bass isn’t throbbing enough
Might need an external amp for bass
The list of the best 6.5’’ speaker would be incomplete without mentioning the New Rockford Fosgate R165X3 6.5″ Speaker. Being a perfectly built and CEA-2031 compliant speaker, Rockford Fosgate R165X3 has a powerful output and delivers a great performance.
- This 3-way coaxial stereo speaker is built with powerful drivers and has an output peak power of 90-watts per speaker while the RMS power is 45-watts each.
- Alongside being affordable, this speaker delivers an unmatched mid to high range performance and is a reliable product with a great customer support system.
- The rubber part of this speaker is surrounded by a Vacuum Polypropylene Cone structure, which is coupled with a stamped steel basket. Well, this aspect ensures that the audio output remains good throughout the low-frequency band.
- With an additional tweeter, this speaker is just the upgraded model and is perfectly suitable for cars considering its dimensions.
- Moreover, the speaker has a mounting depth of 2-3/16 inches, which makes it quite easy to mount and also lightweight.
- Overall, this 3-way coaxial speaker imitates an archetypal loud audio system and its frequency allotted cones are responsible for delivering a less synthetic feel to the sound produced. Hence, you don’t hear any muffling or distortion, or boxiness, just loud crystal-clear audio.
What We Like About New Rockford Fosgate R165X3
The most outstanding trait of New Rockford Fosgate R165X3 is a petite-sized half-inch silk dome Piezoelectric tweeter. The tweeter works to deal with high-frequency audio effectively. Also, the different types of speakers in this audio system are designated to different frequency ranges and this produces a more natural representation of sounds.
Further, this speaker comes with a set of grilles, mounting hardware, and integrated high-pass crossovers. The griller offers protection to the cone but you can keep it off the latter part to achieve an outstanding audio performance. Overall, this speaker is undoubtedly a great product with the assurance from the brand Rockford Fosgate.
What We Don’t Like About New Rockford Fosgate R165X3
This model comes with a few setbacks such as the built material which needs to be more durable and the low-frequency range performance requires improvement too.
|CEA-2031 compliant speaker
Vacuum Polypropylene cone structure
Comes with a petite-sized half-inch silk dome Piezoelectric tweeter
Produces less synthetic sounds
|Lacks strong built
Requires improvement in low-frequency range performance
A perfect audio system for your vehicle, the JBL GTO609C, is the premium pair of best 6.5’’ speakers, which is a part of the high-fidelity GTO series from JBL.
- For any audiophile, JBL is a name that has been making premium, high-quality products for many years, and its JBL GTO609C is one such product in the current market.
- Offering an unmatched listening experience, this 6.5’’ component car speaker is not only affordable but also make your jaws drop with its impressive sound quality.
- Comprising of 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers, this speaker comes with an incredible frequency range of 53 to 21, 000Hz. And at such a range, you can enjoy loud music in your car even if you’re stuck in noisy traffic.
- Its Carbon injected Plus One cone is quite larger and is effective in producing more bass. Well, this makes the speaker durable enough to last for years.
- The low impedance 3-Ohm speakers recompense for the undersized wires and utilize every watt in your car.
- The speaker is easy to mount due to its 6 ½ inch speaker openings. Also, its distinctive patented I-mount system makes it easy to install anywhere in the car.
What We Like About JBL GTO609C
The most impressive feature of JBL GTO609C is the ‘tweeter volume adjustment switch’, which allows you to set the tweeter volume level to a point to match it to your music. Moreover, the tweeter also has large voice coils to perfectly handle power and ensure optimal dispersal of heat. Due to this, the highs don’t sound piercing to your ears and the overall music produced is smooth and quite flawless.
Another incredible trait of this speaker is the 2 clever crossover networks, which make sure that the mid/high frequencies go with the tweets whereas the low frequency goes to the woofer. Overall, this premium component speaker stands out among others due to its excellent sound quality making it worth purchasing.
What We Don’t Like About JBL GTO609C
This set of 6.5’’ speakers need improvement in a few aspects. While the bass quality requires major improvements, the impedance if increased would make the speaker sound better. Moreover, this speaker also requires an external amp to produce better quality audio.
|Includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
Balanced sound output
Adjustable tweeter volume and flexible tweeter mounting options
Frequency range of 53 to 21, 000Hz
Low impedance 3-Ohm speakers
|Bass quality needs improvement
Impedance needs to be increased
Requires an external amp
Of all the 5 best 6.5’’ speakers, our top pick would be the OSD Audio 70V Commercial Patio Pro 6.5″ Speaker. This speaker is not just an outdoor commercial model, but you can even use it inside your car or even your home. With great power and a wide frequency range, this speaker delivers an amazing sound output and has some incredible features such as being weather-proof, water-resistant, and so on. OSD Audio 70V Commercial Patio Pro is truly one of the best 6.5’’ speakers available on the market today.
Besides, you can also go with the other products if it suits your requirements and budget.