Best Soundbars Under $300
Music Authority may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Imagine inviting your friends over for a movie or a gaming session and you don’t have a good audio device to amplify your system’s sound. Surely you would end up having a bad gaming session or a not-so-entertaining movie experience, especially, if you planned on watching movies like Avengers.
Having said that, soundbars advertising powerful sound effects can be pricey, hence, they could burn a hole in your pocket. However, budget soundbars that can elevate your audio experience are available in plenty.
We have come up with 5 best budget soundbars that you can buy to amplify the audio of your TV or computer.
Related Article: Best Powered Speakers for 2020
|1. Polk Signa S1|
Buy on Amazon
|2. Vizio SB3621|
Buy on Amazon
|3. Razer Leviathan|
Buy on Amazon
|4. Yamaha YAS 108|
Buy on Amazon
|5. Pyle PSBV200BT|
Buy on Amazon
Our Best Soundbars Under $300 – Reviews and Comparisons
1. Polk Signa S1
- Performance tuned surround sound: performance tuned driver Array and Dolby digital 5. 1 decoding create incredible room filling surround sound from a compact sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- Universal compatibility: works with your to optical cable included. Note: make sure TV internal speakers are off when using optical and aux inputs
- Polk voice adjust technology: customize the voice levels in the sound bar to reproduce clear, crisp dialogue and never miss a single word of your favorite movie, TV show or sporting event
- Wireless music streaming: Bluetooth technology lets you stream music directly from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device. Total frequency response 45 Hz → 20, 000 Hz
- Compact wireless subwoofer: feel powerful deep bass impact no matter what you're watching or listening to with the included compact wireless subwoofer
Polk Signa S1 is a great budget-priced speaker that can improve the audio of your home theatre setup. Coupled with a wireless subwoofer and Dolby 5.1 surround sound technology, this soundbar can fill up the entirety of your room to give the right home theatre experience.
Featuring an easy setup, the device is easy to use and has Bluetooth connectivity to stream music with the help of other devices.
The primary feature of the soundbar is its excellent audio performance. Fitted with a wireless subwoofer, the speaker can play all music genres with perfect clarity.
The bass is not powerful but this is a decent stereo speaker considering its price. To enhance the audio, the device is fitted with four different modes.
The movie mode improves the sound bar’s audio reproduction for TV and movies and the music mode for music content. In contrast, the night effect mode reduces bass, and program dynamics as well as increases dialog clarity for low-volume listening.
The voice adjustment mode isolates the voice channel to boost dialog contributing to dialogue intelligibility.
What We Like About Polk Signa S1
The Polk Signa S1 is a conveniently-priced machine that accompanies a pre-paired subwoofer. It can easily be wall-mounted and the sleek soundbar can be placed beneath your TV.
What We Don’t Like About Polk Signa S1
The speaker features a standby mode that cannot be turned off. If you start watching a movie on your TV it can abruptly stop playing after a while.
Also, there is no HDMI input, therefore you will need to connect all your audio sources to your TV and then use your TV’s input button to switch between them.
- Quick and easy setup
- Four different modes
- No HDMI input
2. Vizio SB3621
- Amazon Exclusive 2018 Model with DTS Virtual: X
- DTS virtual: X delivers virtual overhead sound for an immersive sound experience
- Wireless subwoofer: experience room-shaking bass with the wireless subwoofer
- Bluetooth: stream music from your smartphone, tablet or laptop via Bluetooth
- Audio quality: enjoy 100 dB of room filling, Crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion
One among the best budget-priced soundbars that are sold, the Vizio SB3621 is a stylish device sporting a black and silver color scheme. Weighing six pounds, the soundbar is designed to fit into a small space.
It accompanies a compact subwoofer that can be placed comfortably underneath your table or even beneath your TV.
The tiny subwoofer can pick up deep bass even at moderate volume levels. The bass definition is decent.
It can skillfully play all music genres with decent sound quality and also features a well-balanced sound signature.
The sound signature is further enhanced by the simulated surround sound called TruSurround. This gives the device a wider sound stage. However, the sound may seem hollow when you switch on TruSurround.
What We Like About Vizio Sb3621
The TruSurround technology can work wonders in a single bedroom apartment or smaller spaces. The bass pick-up of the device is more than sufficient and the sound can fill up the entirety of the space
What We Don’t Like About Vizio SB3621
Bass-heavy movies are a disappointment because the subwoofer tends to stand out as a separate source of the sound. However, if you place the sub right next to the soundbar it can improve the blend between the sub and soundbar.
- Easy set-up
- Compact subwoofer
- Sound signature can be adjusted to your room
- No HDMI
- The LED display is not good
3. Razer Leviathan
- The Razer Leviathan Surround Sound Bar features cutting-edge Dolby technology, superior sound drivers, and a dedicated subwoofer, projecting in-game battle scenes or your favorite tunes
- Featuring award winning aptX technology, the Razer Leviathan seamlessly connects via Bluetooth v4.0 for audio quality indistinguishable from a wired connection with an impressive dynamic range. System Requirements : Devices with 3.5mm audio ports
- The Leviathan’s built in NFC technology allows for ultra-fast pairing and remembers your recently paired devices, allowing you to connect with a single tap. Frequency response rate : 180Hz - 20KHz
- Synergizing a powerful 5.25” downward firing subwoofer with 2 full ranged drivers and tweeters, the Razer Leviathan provides distortion-free lower frequencies and impressive highs
Razer’s Leviathan is termed as one of the best Bluetooth-enabled gaming soundbars. It is a compact device small enough to fit right under your monitor and your HDTV. The device has no remote control, therefore using it with your computer would be easier than using it for your HDTV.
Leviathan hosts drivers in its soundbar that enhances the audio all around the room. Bluetooth enables you to stream wireless music and go completely wireless.
However, if you need your music to be played via subwoofers then you will have to plug in the subwoofer to the soundbar. The subwoofer is a tiny box that can push out a significant amount of air through its 5.25-inch driver.
The driver is responsible for the rich, bass-heavy sound produced that doesn’t distort even at higher volumes. If you like the bass to drop harder then Razer Leviathan is the soundbar for you.
What We Like About Razer Leviathan
The device can produce clear highs and mids apart from the clear bass. If you decide to stream music over Bluetooth the soundbar has three tuned equalizer settings.
Though they produce some change in the soundstage it is not noticeable enough to make a difference. However, streaming music on any of the three settings sounds better depending on what genre of music the speaker is playing.
What We Don’t Like About Razer Leviathan
One major gripe with the speaker is the subwoofer connector. The cable sits loosely in the port, so even if you slightly tug at it, the wire comes off easily.
- Bass-heavy sound
- Lack of cables and small size contributes to easy setup
- Performs well on the mid and high ranges
- Movie effects lack clarity unlike gaming effects
- No remote control
4. Yamaha YAS 108
- Built in subwoofers for deep bass in 1 slim sound bar
- Clear voice for enhanced dialogue clarity. Bluetooth maximum communication Range 33 feet; (without obstructions)
- DTS Virtual: X Virtual 3D surround sound; Standby Power Consumption 0.4 W (HDMI CEC standby off), 1.2 W (HDMI CEC standby on)
- Bluetooth streaming that allows easy switching between 2 devices
- Simple setup with HDMI, optical or aux connection
Boasting both HDMI and dual Bluetooth connectivity, the Yamaha YAS 108 is one of the best budget-priced Bluetooth audio devices in the market. The device features built-in subwoofers that keep your bass loud and the music booming.
To enhance the audio, the speaker is further equipped with an onboard gyroscope that optimizes the sound depending on the position of the soundbar.
The YAS-108 sports twin three-inch subwoofers, a pair of dome tweeters, and cone woofers with bass ports fitted to both its ends. An important feature of the soundbar is that it has a subwoofer out port.
Unlike some other soundbars, this analog output lets you add any subwoofer you like if you want the device to drop the bass beats harder.
The sound quality is further boosted by two different sound modes: Clear Voice and DTS Virtual:X. Yamaha Clear Voice is designed to give the bar an extra boost to the sound whereas Virtual:X creates an immersive soundstage.
What We Like About Yamaha YAS 108
The soundbar comes equipped with the two movie sound options, Surround and 3D Surround which gives you the best movie experience. 3D Surround option will fill your room with movie effects and background scores.
Since the YAS-108 is a two-channel soundbar you can also choose to opt-out of surround and listen in stereo for greater clarity.
What We Don’t Like About Yamaha YAS 108
If you want to watch a movie with a lot of CGI and special effects, the YAS-108’s built-in subwoofers might disappoint you. The subwoofers are not enough to pick up sound effects. The launch of the Saturn 5 rocket in Apollo 13 will surely be a disappointment.
- Built-in subwoofers
- Surround sound
- Deep bass notes are not audible
5. Pyle PSBV200BT
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: Stream music wirelessly with this sound bar that has Bluetooth connectivity of 3.1+ EDR within 100 ft. range. Compatible to iPhone, Android, smartphone, iPad, tablet, computer and other Bluetooth devices
- SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM: A complete 3D Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound system with a total of 5 subwoofer speakers to produce a full range stereo reproduction. It also has a ported enclosure for impressive bass response when watching movies or listening to music
- MULTIPLE COMPATIBILITY: It has MP3 digital audio file compatibility that can connect to external devices like USB flash drives, SD memory card readers. It can also connect to FM radio with 30 station memory
- HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE: Offers outstanding entertainment experience because this speaker sound base is compatible to TV, Home Theater and other speaker systems. It also has Aux 3.5mm input connector and (2) pair RCA (L/R) audio input jacks
- SOUND AMPLIFIER: This soundbar comes with a sound amplifier and EQ audio configuration for an unmatched resonance. It also comes with a front panel control center, LCD display and wireless remote control
Pyle PSBV200BT is a decently-priced soundbar that retails for less than $100. It has a decent bass pick up and is a bang on the product for the buck.
The soundbar employs a 2.1 sound system, multiple inputs, and a 3D surround sound system.
A blue backlit display is the first thing you will notice when you switch on the soundbar. The display is enclosed in a command center that houses a set of onboard controls, a memory card slot, and a USB port.
The system’s four main drivers are placed on either side of the command center. The soundbar sports a pair of two-inch midrange drivers positioned on the side of the command center.
There are a pair of one-inch tweeters located near the outer edges of the soundbar. On the back panel is a small port for the sub, along with two RCA aux inputs, a 3.5mm input which doubles as an FM antenna input, and a power cable input.
The soundbar has no digital audio input limiting connectivity choices.
What We Like About Pyle PSBV200BT
A noteworthy feature of the soundbar is the built-in FM radio with up to 30 stations. It also comes with a sound amp and EQ audio configuration to enhance the audio.
What We Don’t Like About Pyle PSBV200BT
One major shortcoming with Pyle PSBV200BT is that it’s Bluetooth connectivity is disappointing. The device lacks aptX low latency codec which helps deliver sound in sync with what’s being played on screen.
While the Bluetooth connectivity range is 100 ft, the sound quality when streamed over Bluetooth is poor. Besides, the mids and highs lack detail.
The Bluetooth version used in the soundbar is over nine years old and is poor in performance.
- Accompanies a sound amp and has EQ audio configuration
- Impressive “3D” virtual surround processor
- Poor Bluetooth audio quality
- No digital sound output available
We choose the Vizio SB3621 as the best soundbar under $300. Being one of the highly-rated products, the device is popular for its excellent sound quality and can dish out decent bass considering the price.
Also, it features an attractive design and the soundbar is equipped to handle bass-heavy movies. It has a well-balanced sound signature and is fitted with Dolby Digital, DTS Studio Sound, DTS TruSurround, and DTS TruVolume to boost the sound quality.
When you choose to buy a soundbar consider getting one which has a subwoofer. Subwoofers can increase the bass pickup of your music machine.